1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTA (free to air) HDTV satelite dish....

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by Samj99, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Samj99

Samj99 Member

Well, I finally bought a new TV (HDTV). Our 1983 picture tube had started a slow death....
    In Lynnwood,WA we were getting ABC-4,NBC-5,CBS-7,KCTS-9, CW-11, KVOS-12,FOX-13,KONG-16 and KTZZ-22,& 20, all with the antenna in our attic. 4,5,7,12,13, and 20 all had HD channels in Lynnwood, but we moved in Jan and now I only get HD 13.1 and 20.1 - 20.5! I can get in 4,5,7,11,12,13 plus 3 Canadian stations, all but 12 & 13 are quite grainy.
    So...I thought FTA satelite from gosatelite.com. The Viewsat eXtreme Pkg is quite expensive ($349) just to get my LOCAL TV stations.
    Any suggestions on FTA Pkgs. for local broadcasts only - We do not want to order cable or Sateltie services.
    Your kindness is greatly appreciated,
    Samantha...
    ....hoping for some help

2. stog99

stog99 Member

are you able to receive HD channels with that receiver?

3. Samj99

Samj99 Member

Hi,
    Yes, I get 7 (5 are from TBN, 1 Shopping and FOX in HD).

I have been looking at the AntennaWeb.com site and trying to learn as much as possible. We have a very old low range antenna in the attic now, so I have been thinking about a "Large or Medium Directional w/pre-amp. Radio Shack's VU-190 XR might be worth checking out, and they are close by.

Thank you for any ideas,
    Samj

4. shakie24

shakie24 Guest

I don't think the viewsat has the high def channels yet. I didn't think any free to air recievers had them. But after looking at the website you provided it looks like the coolsat now has HD. Can anybody else confirm this? I've got a pansat 3500sd and it don't have HD yet but I have heard that pansat is working on it.

shakie

5. FF3

FF3 Guest

Urgent? How many people will die if we don't answer this question in time?

And why are you asking about the choice of "frequency and wavelength"? It's not like you're making two choices.

Why don't you try thinking about that question and coming up with an answer on your own.

http://www.zune-converter.org/news

6. joe_b

joe_b Member

why dont you get a 18 inch dish and aim at 82 or 91 west which is bev, both have alot of hdtv programming,
    you'll just have to do a little reaserch as of where to find the current bins