1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ftp and Nexxtech

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by redhot209, Nov 20, 2007.

1. redhot209

redhot209 Member

I'm trying to copy games that my cousin has. All the games he has works on his xbox and some doesn't work on mine. I try to copy it but after several files transfer, it starts to not transfer any files at all. It would show a 19.23mb file and would show the transfer bar as 20.43mb at 0%. I also noticed that it lags or slows(almost freezes) the xbox. Can anyone help how to fix this kind of reading problem...His disc's are from Nexxtech. Some games will load, but loading screen will freeze, or will just say disc is damaged or dirty. I tried to clean the lens but it didn't do anything. can someone help me pls!
    Sorry for the long post.

2. redhot209

redhot209 Member

O yea, and can someone help how to burn emulator and roms to a disc, because the thread one is kinda hard to understand without pics. Thankyou :D

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Do yourself and him have different DVD drives? Which do you have? What type of discs?

4. redhot209

redhot209 Member

My xbox drive is the Samsung Drive, while my cousin's is unknown i haven't check it yet. The cd's are called Nexxtech Dvd-R4.7.

5. slugfuk

slugfuk Guest

But which samsung.. 605b or f ?? ;-)

Those nexttech disks are bad.. and unless your laser is 100% (not likely now on a 605b) read errors are gonna be common..

If you just want to share his games then ftp them off his box and burn them as data dvd's and then transfer them by ftp from your pc to xbox hdd..

As they are already rips they won't need patching..

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Or just make exact copies to better media!

7. redhot209

redhot209 Member

o okay thx guys!