1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP bios to Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by TLM_11, Nov 4, 2003.

1. TLM_11

TLM_11 Guest

First, what i have:

xbox w/ X2 Pro 2.0
    upgraded HDD - 120gb maxtor
    4976.02 bios
    slayers evox installer 2.1
    DVD2XBox & PXHDDLoader (latest versions)

The problem:

I am trying to backup games (does not matter what game!)to my upgraded HDD on my xbox, but despite using both PXHDDLoader & DVD2XBox every time i try and load the game it goes back to the orginal slayers screen, and the game does not load.

I tried upgrading the bios by burning it onto a CDRW, and then flashing it, but that does not work!

I read somewhere that you can FTP the bios to your xbox. If that is the case, can someone PLEASE help me by PM me or directing me to a tutorial that tells me which folder to put the bios in on the xbox, and once the file is there how do i let the xbox know its there and to flash it on the chip?

Also which bios would be best to use? M7 or X2 4977? I assume that I use X2BM to create a 1mb bios if using either M7 or X2 4977 due to the fact my chip is an x2 pro.

Thanks all!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2003
  2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

FTP your new bios to the C drive and put it in the folder called bios. First you will need to make it the correct size for your chip. Then choose the Flash Bios option from the EvolutionX dash.

RustyDog