1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ftp dvd2xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by zblazeLOC, Apr 8, 2007.

1. zblazeLOC

zblazeLOC Guest

ok im new to this stuff, and i just bought an xbox from some used and new place, turned it on when i got home and noticed that it was moded, so i aciddentely deleted dvd2xbox and tried to ftp it back but when i do that it says failed, i also unzipped it in my computer and sent all the files over to my xbox but now i just had a crap load of files on my e: drive, how can i get this to ftp over?

2. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

maybe the file you are using is bad...try downloading from a different web site and then FTP it to the E:/apps folder(it will only work in that folder)

i would delete the other dvd2xbox things in it just to keep the klutter out and keep the xbox high on space..

3. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, you want to FTP it either to the origial folder in your apps section (will be in E: or F: depending how it is modded).
    Or if you deleted the whole folder then you want to transfer the whole new folder (not just the files but the entire folder) to the apps section of E: or F:
    you will know which one as it will have all your other apps in it.

4. zblazeLOC

zblazeLOC Guest

ok what lets say i dont have an apps folder, what do i do now?and is there ne way to reinstall the mod?also i tried downloading it from two differant places and tried to send it unzipped and it kept saying it failed

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2007
  5. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

go to a torrent site and download slayer 2.7 and then extract the file then burn it to an ISO then put the disk in the xbox and install what files you want :)

6. steimy

steimy Active member

you can either keep trying to FTP or just get an auto installer like Slayer 2.7 or AID 3.1 and let it install the programs you want. Both are pretty easy to use. Slayer is more of an all or nothing installer, meaning you select to installs apps to either E: or F: and it installs all of them.

AID 3.1 you can either install all of them, or just install the one's you want one by one. AID is more suited for softmods and slayer for modchips, but either should work.

If there is not a folder then something is wrong. I have never seen an Xbox that after modded correctly did not have a APPS folder.
    but you can always make one.
    First figure out which partition it should be one E: or F: (one with the most space). Then you can make a blank folder on the PC and just FTP that to the Xbox. It may work and may not as dashboards (LIke EvoX) have set up file (like EvoX.ini) that have all the info on what should be where. For example if your EvoX.ini file says the path to your games folder is E:/games/splinter cell.xbe but the game is actually on F:/games/splinter cell.xbe then pressing the link on the dasboard would not work because the path to the XBE (executable file that starts the game or program) is not correct.

7. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

I would be careful loading everything on your e drive. From what it sounds like everything is on it. You could run into problems in the future if you get low enough on available space.

8. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

9. janrocks

janrocks Guest

^^^ yeah dude I remember the mess you were sold..

Good work getting that all sorted out BTW..

I have a testbed which doesn't have an apps folder as such, but if you edit evox.ini you can put anything anywhere.
    I wanted dvd2xbox as a direct link from the dash.. and you can add extra buttons/paths to it in exactly the same way, by editing the .ini file. ;-)

10. zblazeLOC

zblazeLOC Guest

alright can u explain how to make an apps folder a bit easier lol sorry

11. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

creating an apps folder is soooooooo simple....get the ftp connection running and go to the e drive...

when that opens just make a folder by right clicking and create the folder and name the folder apps not applications just apps

and everything should work...and if for some reason you can do that just make the folder on your desktop and then ftp it to the e drive :)

12. zblazeLOC

zblazeLOC Guest

alright i have good news and bad new..I got the apps folder in and i got the dvd2xbox in that folder zipped..unzipped it in my xbox but it no where to b found besides in my e: drive, and i did reboot the xbox, the problem was that i didnt put a name and password in when i opened the ftp i just went as anonomous.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
  13. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

you accessed the xbox without the username and passowrd? (UN:xbox PW:xbox)

thats weird never heard that before...um maybe you have a bad mod or something just uninstall the softmod and install it again.

14. zblazeLOC

zblazeLOC Guest

ahh bad news i patched some file and now when i start up the xbox a screen comes up saying that i need to call customer support

15. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

okay we need one peice of info to help you.... turn it on and when it goes to the screen look at the top left and tell use what number it is.

16. zblazeLOC

zblazeLOC Guest

17. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

okay so what i have read is that try to pop in a newer game that you have botten..(like the most resently made) and pop it into your xbox and it should update your xbox to a more recent dash but *make sure your online connections are unplugged from the xbox(so take the ethernet cord out*

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/210562

18. zblazeLOC

zblazeLOC Guest

Any suggestions on games that i should try and also i dont think that this slayer 2.7 is an option b/c ive tried to download games (illegaly) and azereus and utorrent run really slow like 5-9kbs and i should b runnin 90-100kbs, i even opened the right ports

19. steimy

steimy Active member

the file has nothing to do with how fast you can download something. It is the site you use and the amount of seeds and leeches the file has. And Slayer 2.7 has nothing to do with downloading games either.

20. zblazeLOC

zblazeLOC Guest

well apparentely your new to this forum because i didnt ask about downloading games i need to know what games i should use to update my xbox so i can get rid of error 13 and also i put slayer 2.7 on a dvd-r disk and the xbox wont read it