1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP failure

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by sadiesun, Apr 14, 2005.

1. sadiesun

sadiesun Member

I have just have my XBOX chipped and am experimenting with backing up my games, I have connected my XBOX and PC via a crossover cable and want to copy Sands of Time onto my PC Hard drive via FlashFXP.
    Everything copies across nicely apart from a file called Prince.bf which is 175MB, the transfer grinds to a halt after 42% of the transfer is complete and will not continue, and this happens every time.

Is there a setting I need to change in my FTP client or is it probable that my disk is faulty even though it does play OK?

Can anybody help?

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Funny you say that, I just transfered that game and had the exact file stop midway, lol.

Anyways, I let it all transfer except that one that didn't transfer. Then I browsed to where that file was on my PC, deleted my queue, and the manually transfered that sole file over to the dir on the xbox where it belonged. It worked for me, so dunno bout you, all I can say is try. :p

Had similar probs with different games, one or two files not making the transfer with FlashFXP, then used CuteFTP to transfer the ones that didn't make it. If you do it that way, besure to write down or do something to remember what files you need to transfer.

3. sadiesun

sadiesun Member

Thanks for that BR7, I will give it a go with CuteFTP, although I tried to FTP through Explorer and that didnt work either.