1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ftp from xbox to xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by DJZ777, May 23, 2007.

1. DJZ777

DJZ777 Guest

I have a soft modded xbox and i was wondering if I can Ftp files from my modded box to my unmodded box or the other way around.

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

you should be able to do that. but you need to get an ftp client for one of the xboxes. there is a program on xbins called xboxftp. then just connect them with a crossover cable and start the program and you should be able to connect.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

if all else fails you can just email from one Xbox to your PC and then back to the other Xbox. That will work for sure.

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

DJZ777 is asking that if its possible that a modded xbox can ftp another unmodded box directly without using a pc. Just like when you play halo with up to 8 players at one time a link cable is used.

The modded box has an established static or an active ethernet address, an unmodded box does not. The only way it could be possible would be if a xbox app existed that allowed a modded xbox to communitate to another modded box acting like a server. Then it could be possible. A pc cannot ftp a unmodded box. Before we softmodded im sure many tried to ftp the box and found out it couldn't be done, i did. No you cant at this time until an app supports direct access among modded boxes.

5. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Has anybody attempted to ftp xbox to xbox using XBMC? I dont know if its possible, has anybody tried?