1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP game from pc to xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by JimD10796, Mar 10, 2005.

1. JimD10796

JimD10796 Member

Can someone explain how to do this, i can't seem to figure it out. Specifically where to drop the game and in what form, file or iso. I did use flash to put it on the e drive which has got game, and hdd loader folders. I can find the file in file explorer and avalaunch file manager, even tried moving it to the game folder. When i select play from HD, nothing is there. Thanks in advance.

2. modster

modster Regular member

have you thought about using evox dashboard?

evox is very easy, you just copy the games into e:\games or f:\games and evox will give you a list of all games available in that directory and all you have to do is select it and press A to play the game.

I presonally recommend evox.

3. JimD10796

JimD10796 Member

I should have mentioned that i had formatted and full install of the newest Slayers Evox auto installer(last night), to correct a problem of not being able to play or install games to the HD(few posts down). That problem has been corrected, all is up and running correctly i believe.
    Am i correct using Flash fxp to FTP the game in file form to either e or f drive games folder?

4. modster

modster Regular member

hey just download boxplorer, then you can just copy the game from xbox dvd rom to xbox harddrive e: or f: games folder. it's easier that way.

5. JimD10796

JimD10796 Member

I would do that if it was a dvd, this is an iso on the pc. Figured it out,all is good now, thanks for the help!

6. chunkles

chunkles Member

I am trying to figure the same thing out. Could you explain to me how you did this?

7. JimD10796

JimD10796 Member

Yea sure, extracted the iso with qwix to a folder on the pc HD. Then flash to ftp to the E/F drive games folder on the xbox. Here's what my problem was, the iso extracted (all files in a folder), and i had selected qwix send it to another folder, so it was a folder(game files) inside a folder, make sense.

8. tippytip

tippytip Member

Well the way I do it works like a charm every time. Within the games folder on either drive f or e, no matter which one. Make another folder named the title of your game. For instance if I were to be ripping fable, I would make a folder called fable on either drive F:\Games or E:\Games and put all files within that folder. Evox will automatically look for a default.xbe within any folder inside E\Games: or F:\Games.

9. chunkles

chunkles Member

Yeah I figured it out, but thanks anyway. My problem now is that the game I am trying to play keeps freezing at the loading screen

10. tippytip

tippytip Member

re-back up the game. You probably have a bad file somewhere and that's why it freezes on loading.

11. chunkles

chunkles Member

The ISO and the extractions are fine...A file must have gotten messed up during the FTP transfer because now it works fine...thanks ;)

12. rokie

rokie Member

ok so i guess i had been getting bad info from other fourms, they said that i couldnt ftp a game directly to my xbox, they said i had to burn iso directly and then load it from the dvd drive in the xbox, but my problem is that i bought broken xbox with no working dvd drive, so i could mod it, i did soft mod, but now i dont know how to load the games correctly, i used qwix but not sure excatly how to set up the game, i used flashfxp and qwix, so can anyone give me more detailed instructions. any feedback would be greatly appreicated

13. JimD10796

JimD10796 Member

No you don't have to burn the iso, you can use qwix to extract the iso contents then FTP the game from your PC (drag and drop to e/f drive games folder) to the xbox. I do this alot after deleting the uneeded files to make sure the game works before burning to disc.

14. rokie

rokie Member

yeh it wouldnt do much good if i burned and iso since dvd drive broke, i had been using qwix but it doesnt work, i am not sure if iam extracting incorrectly or if ijust have bad files, would there be a problem if when i extract files to e/games folder if there is a zip file in the folder, and thats the way that it extracts but doesnt unzip, should i unzip it first then transfer?

15. retic

retic Member

i just got the xecuter 3 and installed slayer evox but dont know how to burn a game can any one help?

16. riddic18

riddic18 Member

I have download boxplorer and i ftp it over to my xbox, but i cant get it to work, i click on it but it brings me back to the evo x main menu. can someone please help me out. And i also have a psx emulator but when i ftp the bin and cue files over they dont work. Please help.

17. rokie

rokie Member

again i tried to load a game using qwix, and i get the files to load using ftp, the game title then shows in the list under games in evox, when i select it the evox screen looks like its loading then it just stays black, i need possibly screen shots of how the game has to look file wise when you extract the iso. please if anyone has time to help me. cuz i refuse to quit i will get this to work i just need some more help.

18. scottyGK1

scottyGK1 Guest

i have put a soft mod on my xbox and put in a bigger HD, some of the games i copy to the HD wont play, they also wont play wen i put the original xbox game in and try and play it off the disc. Im not sure why this is happening so if any one knows a solution please write back. thanx heaps

19. retic

retic Member

can someone name a website to get boxplorer or xbcopy from i cant find any.