1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ftp games into hard drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by skid187, Dec 27, 2004.

1. skid187

skid187 Member

When i learned how to back up my games i ripped em all and stored them on my pc....but now is there a way to transfer them to my xbox hard drive through ftp? my dvd burner took a crap on me about a month ago and i just got a bigger hard drive for my xbox so now im ready to install my games into it so my kids have no way of scratchin em...any help is appreciated!

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

if you tranfer them into seperate folders in E:/apps/games. just use flashfxp, qwix or craxtion to ftp across.

3. skid187

skid187 Member

so ur saying it can be done? Is that the defualt area they are stored in? will it show up as in my game list like they should on my evox screen?

4. ozy

ozy Regular member

If i go into dvd2xbox that is where the games go. Just give it a try. if it does,nt work just delete the game files and try something else.

5. skid187

skid187 Member

OK i got it....workin flawlessly...heres what i did just for peeps who would like to know:

1) I got my game files, everthing i extracted off a game disc or if u have an ISO of a game then extract the disk with XISO and save to a folder.

2) Then FTP into ur XBOX with FlashFXP

3) open the F: folder

4) Select HDDLoader, you will see folders in ther named PxGame(#)(If you have games in the XBOX already) and a text file name "Game list"

5) Now the folder you extracted the game to or saved the game to, RENAME it to "PxGame" and the next game number (example: PxGame2)

6) Tranfer that folder into the "F:\HDDLoader" folder along with the others.

7) Once that is finished then download the Game file text and open it and Manually type in the name of the game. (example: PXGAME2 NFL STREET 2) Then transfer that into the XBOX and overwrite the old one.

8) Shut down FTP and Reboot the XBOX, the game should now show up in your list of games, just select it and play!!!!!

Hope this helps someone out, I spent hours trying to figure this out!