1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP & HDD plz help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by RaynotRoy, Jan 11, 2005.

1. RaynotRoy

RaynotRoy Member

I own a v10 NTSC PS2, with network adapter, and I just bought a 200GB Maxtor. I have no mods, boot disks, or gamesharks. I'm aiming to use this as a media player to play my mp3s (off the hdd) and to boot my games off the hdd (with online). What is the best and easiest way to do this, and what do i need to do/buy? Also, connecting this drive through my network would be nice

~Ray~

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

First, only HD Advance 2.0 will support a HDD larger than 137GB, second, you cannot play online games off of the HDD. As for playing MP3's off of the HDD there might be a media player you can boot up to play media from the HDD but I'm not personally aware of it. There is software available that will allow you to connect to the PS2 VIA FTP.

3. RaynotRoy

RaynotRoy Member

How should i go about installing this ftp software? and i believe that the dnas can be cracked, although ive never tried. would mc exploit be a bad idea? i could always return the 200GB hard drive for a 120GB drive.

4. atzero

atzero Member

your only option is to use the MC exploit. do a search; there is plenty of info on how to do it.

5. JonnyPyro

JonnyPyro Guest

gameshark has something out now that lets u rip mp3s onto your hdd with tthe help of a portable mp3 player to the usb port, but your looking at another 40 bucks right there

6. RaynotRoy

RaynotRoy Member

actually, that thing is an actionreplay, and i already purchased that, and it does NOT work correctly (although it boots) with the v9 and v10 NTSC PS2s. It is a software application for your computer that allows you to burn games in a format that the ps2 will recognise. (this format works on ANY ps2, not just the one u used action replay on) this disk does not work properly, and it does not allow the copying of mp3s to the hdd. I returned it for a refund.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005