1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP Help PLeeeeeease!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by casper007, Mar 30, 2007.

1. casper007

casper007 Guest

Ok i have done this a billion times and consider myself a dab hand at it but since i moved home i have not been able to get a solid connection to my xbox. I am using Flashfxp and have my ip on pc and xbox set the same as when i was using it before, but now it starts to connect then i get a message saying waiting to connect then cannot connetc to.......
    I have tried all sorts even making a crossover cable but i still get the same message. Just for the record this is not only on one of my xbox's but all 4 of them. the xbox can find my router cos i can get scripts from xbmc, and my pc finds router cos it also connects to internet. but when i change settings to connect the two to ftp via flashfxp NILL!!!

Heres my pc settings

IP 192.168.0.100

sub net mask 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.0.102

Heres my xbox settings

ip 192.168.0.102

gateway 192.168.0.100

I never had no probs with these settings before and cant see why i have now, just for the record my pc wont peform a scan disk check at windows start up it says it cant access the volume, if thats a problem with this i aint sure.

also i cant even connect with xbox game saves manager, even with default setting, and with the xbox on ms dash.

Please give me some idea as to why i cant connect as i am getting really pi**ed off now!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

a couple things
    1. is the home set upstic or DHCP?
    2. have you tried an IP address that is not the same as the default gateway, it should be something like 192.168.0.105 if that is not already being used by any device on the network.
    3. have you tried setting up inetrnet connection sharing on the main PC with the router?
    4. does the router have security, and if so did you enter that into the MS Dash under the network settings?

also the subnet mask, default gateway and DNS addresses you enter on the xbox should exactly match the PC, the only thing that should be different is the IP address. not sure if you just mis-typed the above but you have them backwards as far as what you have listed for the xbox.
    IP should be 192.168.0.105
    Default Gateway should be 192.168.0.102 to match your PC

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007