1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ftp music into xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by pfoster74, May 24, 2004.

1. pfoster74

pfoster74 Member

i recently modded my xbox and put in a new hdd xenium mod using evox dash im wondering what folder do i put my music in i enjoy listening to my own stuff while playing games

2. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

get xbox media center. Everything thereafter will be self explanatory.

3. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

If you put mp3s in xbmc then you cannot use these for soundtracks to games, the music that is used for soundtracks is in E:/tdata/fffe0000/music/

In the music folder, there will be other folders (depending on how many soundtracks you already have) and in the soundtrack folders, there will be music files, I forget what format they are in...maybe .wma? I do know that in order for you to FTP your own songs over to this folder, they need to be in the same format as the rest of the songs...again...not sure what format that is, you will have to look and see. You also cannot just add songs to these soundtracks, you must look in the soundtrack folder at some songs that you have already ripped to your soundtrack folder via the MS dash, and write down the file name to the songs that are there. They will be named something like 0000000 and 00000001 and 00000002 and so on. You will need to name your song on your computer to match one of these, and when you FTP you will overwrite the existing song. The best way to do this is to simply make a copy of an existing soundtrack via MS dash and then just overwrite the copied soundtrack with all your own songs...hope that makes sense...

4. pfoster74

pfoster74 Member

yes it does thanks alot for the info im gonna give that a shot

5. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

oops. I should learn to read better. Sorry :p