1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP not creating folders anymore???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Nev400GB, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Nev400GB

Nev400GB Member

I have a 400GB HDD in my Xbox and so far I have been having a great time backingup/loading/playing games etc, but now, with only 140GB left, none of my FTP clients will let me create new subfolders anymore?!? What is really strange is that I CAN still create new folders in the /F/HDDLoader/ folder, but not anything beneith that.

Example is that I can create folder :
    /F/HDDLoader/NewGame

but not :
    /F/HDDLoader/NewGame/audio

or any subfolder in that NewGame folder. To make it even stranger, I can still create more folders in the HDDLoader folder like this :

/F/HDDLoader/NewGame1
    /F/HDDLoader/NewGame2
    /F/HDDLoader/NewGame3

but i can not create folder in ANY of those.

If you have ANY idea, please let me know.

signed:

totalyConfused

2. godspkerx

godspkerx Member

why would you do that?its a invalid directory i.e. meaning that your creating folders in the system files of the xbox/games that u have installed. Its stupid anyway. I just copy my games to f:/games/ and everytime i copy a game it creates a folder automatically like f:/games/fifa07 or f:/games/doom3

3. Nev400GB

Nev400GB Member

Well let me explain a little more. The HDDLoader folder is the folder where all my games reside. Th folder names that I specified in my post are theoretical yes, but you could call the folder ANY game that you want. The point is that my FTP program automaticaly creates the folder structure, however for some reason my obx will not let any new folders be created. I am not sure if it is a limitation of the file system or what? the FTP program says that the folders get created

Example:
    MKD /F/HDDLoader/GameName/media/
    250 Requested file action ok.

but the net line in the FTP log is:

CWD /F/HDDLoader/GameFolder/media/
    553 Requested action not taken. /F/HDDLoader/GameFolder/media/

and when i look at the directory, the folder that it claims to have created is not there.

Any ideas?

4. Nev400GB

Nev400GB Member

So I takt it that nobody knows of any file limitations?

Is it possable to have drive coruption? If so, is there a utility that I can install to check/fix it?