1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP/softmod/evox/linux

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by smadajf, Feb 13, 2007.

1. smadajf

smadajf Member

hey ive got a crystal xbox which i guess means its v1.6 and ive found evox and gentoox so ive downloaded them but i have no idea what to do next i want to be able to run emulators (for my N64 im too lazy to change it over to play one game) on it and burn xbox games to hard drive aslwell as download xbox games from the internet and run them (i have scratched discs which dont work any more)please help me !!!!!!!!!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

your best bet is to get a modchip installed by a professional, like Teammodders.com

after it is modded you will be able to do everything you want. Softmodding is a free option but if you mess up your Xbox could be toast. A good, cheap chip is the DuoX2
    http://www.teammodders.com/install/xbox/
    the total cost would be about $70 plus $15 for shipping but when you got it back it would be everything you want. Plus the xtra $14 i included in that price gets you a 250GB hard drive to store all your music, movies, games and roms.

All you would need is to ask them if they can use an auto installer, which with a hard drive they most likely would, and it would then come with all the emulators and roms you want already on it.

after that you can PM me and i can help you with where and how to get games, and how to burn them to disc to play them.