1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ftp trouble

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by chess0990, Jun 18, 2007.

1. chess0990

chess0990 Regular member

i cant get ftp to work do i need to unlock the hard drive from the evox dash to get it to work???

2. steimy

steimy Active member

do a search and you will find 100's of other threads about FTP. Just saying it will not work will not get you an answer since there are too many factors as to the possibilities of why it doesn't work.

After you have researched a little and tried a few things then post up some SPECIFIC questions.

3. chess0990

chess0990 Regular member

that question is specific do i or dont i need to unlock the hard drive? i have read a bunch of tuts and do exactly what they do say but it doesnt work so do i have to unlock the hdd? This is the tut im currently trying http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/pc-xbox-ip-conf.php

ps i wasnt stating that ftp wont work for me i was asking if your supposed to unlock the hdd. none of the tuts say but when i try that persons idea i doesnt work and i know i have the cross over cable.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  4. j4s0n

j4s0n Member

Step 1: Have the Xbox turned on to your Modded dash (Evox, UnleashX, etc).

Step 2: Go into the settings>network settings in your modded dash. Change the IP set to DHCP aka Automatic IP on your Xbox.

Step 3: Make sure you Xbox is connected to your computer through a router.

Let's begin
    Step 1: Open your FTP program and turn your Xbox on. Be sure you are in your modified dash (EvoX, UnleashX, etc.)

Step 2: click on the lightning bult, then click quick connect or click session on the top left.

Step3: Put your Xbox's IP where it says Server or URL. For username, use xbox. For password, use xbox. That's what it is defaulted then just hit connect.

if you did it wright on the right hand side it should have files c,d,e,f,g,x,y,z.

For Better info with pictures go to this sight: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/other-tutorials/85-ftp-your-xbox.html

(if you dont have a ftp program just download FlashFXP.)

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

6. steimy

steimy Active member

Unlocking the hard drive and FTP are two very different things. So any guide that you read that even mentions it just throw it in the trash as they have no idea what they are talking about.

So in short NO, you do not need toi do anything to the hard drive to FTP.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007