1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ftp'ing help, and burning help.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by legato777, Dec 27, 2004.

1. legato777

legato777 Member

I need a step by step guide (I dont know hardly anything about ftp) to transfer the game disc to the comp. Then burning it.

I recently bought some cables: one is an xbox to xbox; another is xbox to modem. Are these cable compatbile with doing this?

Thanks in advance.

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Do you mean NIC?

---------------
    If you are going Xbox to PC, you need a crossover cable. If you have a hub/router/switch etc., ethernet cable will be fine.

---------------
    Get all the necessary cables/hardware you need, grab a copy of CuteFTP or FLashFTP or any FTP client software. Power on your xbox and note the IP address. (make it static and assign it a private IP.) I cannot remember what it defaults too, but if you have a PC network setup at your house, make the xbox IP different from the rest, in the range of private IPs. If you dunno what I am talking about, just assign it 192.168.0.5. Save your changes and exit. Put the game you want to copy into your xbox but do not launch it.

Open your FTP software (assuming you have your xbox connected to your PC, enter your xbox IP addy, user name and password will be xbox, port 21 and click connect.

Your game will be in the D:\ folder of the xbox. Navigate to the D drive and copy all the files/folders to your PC.

Next, you have to convert those files to make an xbox ISO. So get craxtion (http://www.craxtion.com/). Click Add in the bottom left and select the folder your game that you ripped is in. Press Next. Select where you want your ISO to be created and the name of the iso. Then in the bottom right, click create ISO. Wait. If Craxtion asks you if you want to patch any .xbe's, press yes.

Burn the ISO back with DVD Decrypter or Nero and violaaa..

3. andrewhin

andrewhin Member

br7- i have a cross over cable and when i connect it to my xbox using flash it says 'no route to host'... i think it is because i havent changed my nic settings but what do i chage them to. currently they are on auto detect ip. which nic settings do i change? under lan or high speed internet i ahve two possible nic. these are local area conection, and 1394 connection(net adaptor). so basically what nic do i change and to what?
    thanks for your help.