1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTPing into the PS2? Possible?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by LyleSmith, Feb 23, 2004.

1. LyleSmith

LyleSmith Guest

Right I've read you can FTP into the Xbox but I'm wondering if this is possible on the PS2 with the network adaptor?

I wanna backup games saves etc without buying extra hardware/software!

Give me a shout if you know anyone who has done this!

Cheers
    Lyle

P.S. I'd understand if this is an Xbox only because its just a PC in disguise anyway!

2. LyleSmith

LyleSmith Guest

anyone?

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

the reason no one told you it's cuz noone knows OR dont want to bother... in anyway the ps2 DONT have an hdd like the xbox does... while ftp can be done with the xbox to transfer data... the ps2 cant do that simply cuz it dont have the hdd to do that... in other words no it cant be done untill sony comes out with the hdd and the soft for it.. even if they do... im not sure it would be posible... but who knows right?

4. LyleSmith

LyleSmith Guest

Cyprien your a kn0b jockey....

If you ain't got anything good to bring to this post then f off!

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

thanks for the kind words dude... either way i know im right anyway... so i dont really care what you say...

6. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Hey Cyprien, don't worry about this guy.

I heard he was hitting on a bunch of the other guys on the forum, trying to get their phone numbers - they let anyone in here I guess.

Cheers.

7. LyleSmith

LyleSmith Guest

Cyprien, you know your right?

Some of us have already installed HD's into our PS2's.....twat

8. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

2bad there is no software to install a hdd in a ps2 with yet and ur retarded if u say u have a hdd in ur ps2 then there would be no reason to ftp to your computer cuz u can just save the games on the hdd

Edit- unless mayb u have the Japanese PS2 models 10000, 15000 and 18000 ( but i doubt it)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD athlon 64 3200+
    512 mb ram
    120 gig hdd
    Memorex dual x format
    ps2 v10...with m2[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2004
  9. dude52549

dude52549 Member

dude ur the queer lyle smith

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

he probagbly dont understand what i said... but I KNOW IM RIGHT... and dont flame you stupid silly lil person... look... DOES THE PS2 COME WITH A HDD?!?!?!... NOOO!!!... IT DOSENT COME WITH ONE... so what now you say you have one?... so what!??!?!... i got one aswell but do you see me using it?!!??!.... NOOOOO... no soft to use it... and i dont mean as a pc soft... as a PS2 soft... untill sony comes up with a soft you wont be using it nor doing ftp cuz xbox is xbox and ps2 is a ps2 GOT THAT XBOX FANBOY!!!!... man how stupid can you be?????.... sony hdd should be out by the end of march.. untill then either wait or shut up... i dont usualy do this but you dude got on my nerves...

11. dude52549

dude52549 Member

right on brother
    im talking to cyprien

12. leviticus

leviticus Regular member

Ok I'm gonna set this thread straight.

This deals with everywhere in the world except Japan, because Japan DOES have the HDD(I'm pretty sure anyways).

YES...there IS a harddrive for PS2...BUT IT IS ONLY RELEASED FOR THE U.S. BETA VERSION OF FINAL FANSTASY XI SO FAR. YOU CAN NOT BUY THE HDD. When I got accepted for Final Fantasy XI they sent me FFXI and the beta HDD with software for the HDD.

When the beta ended I had to return the game and HDD. Which I dont care because they are giving them both to me for free when the game is released. :D

I repeat...The only version of the HDD the public has seen is the HDD with FFXI Beta. They are not in stores yet.

**EDIT**
    Oh yeah, [bold]Cyprien[/bold] is right!! PS2 does not come with and/or have a HDD yet.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]P4 3.2Ghz
    1.2 GB 2700
    120Gb HDD
    Windows XP Pro
    GeForce 4 Ti 4600 128Mb
    Plextor PX-708A
    DVD Decrypter/DVD Shrink burned with Nero 6 Ultra[/small]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2004
  13. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

dude how the hdd looks like?... got any pics of it?.... you really should have taken a few... does it look like a normal hdd.. or got a case or whatever?... iv been in the betas for few games even a tester but i didnt accepted for this one :(

14. billz

billz Active member

better question yet? how did you guy's become beta testers? I'd love to do that!pm if you can't put it on the board.

15. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well iv been a tester for few things by now

lets see heres a lil list on what games iv been testing

motor city online
    sims online
    warcraft 3 frozen thorne
    farcry
    FF online for pc(just ended it was kinda boring not to mention it toke quite some space..)
    i even play e3 demos like the nfs hp2 and i was twisted metal black online tester.. and i tested the online netcard.. i went to uk just for that...

the only thing is to do is sign up with them and hope you get in... i heard they already accepting signups for world of warcraft...

16. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

Lylesmith - hey guess what?! you're the bumhole of the day, congrats!! being an bumhole gets you nowhere but banned... buh bye.

17. leviticus

leviticus Regular member

Alright guys, sorry to burst your bubble but...

The HDD is a normal HDD. I think it was a Western Digital actually, just with the Sony name and the word BETA on it. Its a regular HDD, with brackets on the sides to make it fit into a standard 5.25" bay (just like a computer bay). Its 40 Gigs, atleast the beta version, final version might be more. The software for it is nothing special, just stuff to get your PS2 to recognize it and to be able to formatt it. A standard IDE connection(48 pins, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure I'm wrong on that) and a standard power connection.

Yeah, you just gotta sign up and hope you get selected. Im lovin' the FFXI Beta though, cuz their giving me the HDD and FFXI for free when released, which saves me like $200.

[bold]LyleSmith[/bold], you are an bumhole just like [bold]darthnip[/bold] said. If you think there is a HDD in the PS2 your smokin crack! All you gotta do is pop off the back bay cover or your network adapter, AND LOOK, NOTHING IN THERE! Empty, notta, none, zip, zero, except some dust maybe! lol. Just shut the hell up if ya don't know what your talking about!

BTW, if you think I sound like a dick after reading this, your right. Thats what all my friends say anyways. lol.

-peace guys-
    1.2 GB 2700
    120Gb HDD
    Windows XP Pro
    GeForce 4 Ti 4600 128Mb
    Plextor PX-708A

Last edited: Feb 26, 2004
  18. leviticus

leviticus Regular member

Oh and the weird thing is that they didn't make me send back any of the instruction manuals or game case. So I have the actual DVD style case for the game along with the instruction manual for the game and the manual for the HDD. So I guess if you guys want some pictures, thats about the best I can do. So just let me know if ya want some. They made me send the game in a sleeve. Also I popped FFXI in my DVD drive and it is DEFINETLY a DVD9 game.

Just wandering, did anyone else here get the chance to beta test FFXI and the HDD??

19. leviticus

leviticus Regular member

**EDIT**
    Sorry, double posted.
    1.2 GB 2700
    120Gb HDD
    Windows XP Pro
    GeForce 4 Ti 4600 128Mb
    Plextor PX-708A

Last edited: Feb 26, 2004