1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji 8x DVD-R 25 pk. for 8.99, at Best Buy.

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jay33, Dec 5, 2004.

1. jay33

jay33 Regular member

Picked up a pack of these to check them out and they are PRODISC F01. They look decent and so far the 2 I have copied play just fine. These are a BIG step up from the Memorex CMC-MAG I got from BB a few weeks back.....which I had to return.

2. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

PRODISC F01, I saw the same code on: Prodisc -R 8X printable. I got 100% success rate with this media.

3. ConsumerX

ConsumerX Member

I've been trying prodisc -r 8x on NEC 2500 and Panasonic E80 Lots of problems both units, trashed 4 of 10 discs

4. Zenwarior

Zenwarior Member

Hey - ConsumerX. You have a panasonic E80? I have the DMR-E80H. Is that what you have? The one with the 80gig Hard Drive?

I have been having problems for awhile now and even brought it in for repairs. they claim they replaced the guts but I am still having the same problem. After an hour of play, the picture breaks up and then freezes. After turning the machine off for awhile I can then play the rest of the movie. Don't you know, the movie freezes at the best part. never at a boring part.
    Anyway can you let me know what machine you have and what problems you have? It may not be the media.

thanks

Zenman

5. ConsumerX

ConsumerX Member

Zenman, you're correct it is the same unit. The problem you describe I also have playing back some discs on the Panasonic that have been burned on the NEC using certain discs @ 8X . It always happens near the end of of the movie. I don't think it will play completely if it cools down though. These discs will do the same thing when I try them in a older JVC and a Coby player, but usually will play OK on a Samsung which can also read most RW's.

The main recording problems on my DMR-E80H are some blank discs it won't even see but are recordable on the other writer. Sometimes it will write the disc but not finalize and ends up crashing when it trys. This occurs when recording from any source.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  6. Zenwarior

Zenwarior Member

ConsumerX
    I just received 100 Prodisc DVD-R from Supermedia. I couldn't wait to try them since they are rated MCC. I made a backup of Kill Bill Vol and just finished watching it. The whole thing without a problem. Now I have to wonder if it is the E80h or the TDK DVD's.
    I backed up Star Wars IV and had the problem about a week ago. I am going to try to back up the bad dvd and see if it freezes. If it doesn't, then it is the DVD media and not the machine.
    I will let you know.

7. Zenwarior

Zenwarior Member

Just wanted to say that the Prodisc worked. Even when copying from the bad one.

The TDK broke up and then froze. I backed it up using Shrink & Decrypter and it worked fine. Just finished watching it.

8. geeman999

geeman999 Member

I've burned 30 prodisc 8x FO1's on my nec 3500a, no problems or coasters that I've found yet.