1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fuji 8x dvd-r or dvd+r media 50ct. cakebox on sale@ best buy

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by BIGTOXY69, Nov 16, 2004.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

just a heads up bestbuy has fuji 8x media plus or minus for sale this week for 19.95 I bought some and they id as taiyo yuden . thought you'd like to know ciao!

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Okay catfreak just trying to be helpful ,later my friend

4. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

I just upgraded to a new NEC-3500 burner. The best part is that Sony 4x + discs burn at 8X. Memorex 8x + burn @ 8X. Ridata 4x + discs burn @ 4X. TDK 8x + burn @ 8X. And best of all Fuji 8x + discs burn @ 16X. The copies are perfect front to back. 8X discs that burn at 16X , a movie burned in 6 minutes , it does not get much better than that.

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Hey Morgan

Glad you liked the Fuji's I've only got The Nec2500A @ present But I plan to get a 3500 for birthday/anniversary & or as xmas present from me to me - I've been a really Good boy Santa Really good! I tried the fuji's dvd-r 8x's with dvd decrypter in my 2500A and It appears to have worked okay. Burned @ 8x. I am interested is there any particular reason you got the Fuji DVD+R's over the DVD-R media ? Or was it jusy a case of what was available at the time?
    Also how do you store your backups? I like the Verbatim Thin Dvd cases - Sams club has them on and off for $6.00 & change. I understand some Afterdawners use thev binders like people use for cd's & games Just curious ? Good luck with the Fuji's & all your endeavors -peace & god blees bigtoxy69

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Big..
    I am going to try and make this short.
    DVD -R's are usually the way to go(compatable with more stand alone players)
    Best Media (My Opinion of course)
    1. Taiyo Yuden (Usually most $)
    2. Ritek/Ridata (Very good little cheaper)
    3. TDK
    4. Prodisc (most people will laugh at this one but I have had nothing but good burns with this disc)
    I buy my disc's in 50 -100 spindles or cake box (much cheaper way to go from .29 to .45 depending on brand you buy. Then just store them in a CD case holder.
    Here are a few sights you can buy Media at.
    http://www.supermediastore.com/index.html
    http://www.rima.com/
    http://www.allmediaoutlet.com/allmedia/index.jsp
    I have both the NEC2500A and 3500. I actually burn more with the 2500 right now because DL DVD'd just aren't cheap enough right now. You should wait on the 3500 until the DL Disc's get a little cheaper by then the 3500 will most likely be cheaper too :)
    Hope this helps you a little If not I tried :)

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Oh one more thing those Fuji Film Disk's wont last long. Taiyo Yuden will no longer be Manufacturing disc's for Fuji Film that is why they are on sale because Fuji is trying to get rid of them. CDC will now be manufacturing Fuji Film's DVD's (less quality)
    So I would say grab as many of the Fuji's on sale @ Best Buy right now. (make sure they say made in Japan)

Just A little more info for ya!

8. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

hELLO bbmayo
    thanx for the great info - I always learn more everytime I come here to Afterdawn.com. Are you using Factory - that is the 1.06 firmware on your Nec-2500A or did you update your firmware to the 1.07 firmware or herries hacked FW ? I asked because I have left my firmware stock and if you have'nt changed yours the brands of media you menrioned should work as well in mine as they do in yours should'nt they? Also I appreciate your help & comments as I do from all of the Great Afterdawn.com members , I probably will get the NEC -Nd-3500 Anyway and wait for the media to drop . I t is actually going to cost me less than the price I paid for my 2500A. Thanx also for the heads up on the Fuji's not going to be made buy taiyo yuden anymore . Have you burned many cds on the 3500 yet and did you have any problems with it in regards to burning 48X cdr media @ 48X ? I ask because I have A 48x Brand unknown - cd burner that came with my computer and I plan to replace it with the 3500 . Also do you find the 3500 picky about cdr media or not. I use mostly name brands when I do my cd burning now and I generally use my nec 2500A a the player for cd to cd recording . Though it seems to work fine up to it's rated speed when I do burn cd's on it. Again BBMAYO my friend thanx again - Burn Kado Burn

9. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

BIGTOXY69

My first burner was a H-P 200i, a couple of years ago. It was a + unit only.Once I got this burning stuff figured out ,I have never had a bad disc, unless it was my fault or the bad 50 pk of supposedly 4X Ridata discs I got a "deal" on.I have had good luck with them so I have not strayed. I use the black dvd cases , they go for 20-25 cts a pc. And I use a color laser printer in work for the art work from CDCOVERS.CC. I burned a couple of downloaded DVD image files with DVD Decrypter and the Fuji 8X discs and they also burned at 16X.

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Bigtoxy69.
    I am glad to be of service. Let me address you last questions. I am using the 1.07 Firmware ubdate from Nec on the 2500A, but I was using the standard 1.06 up until a couple of weeks ago with no problem's. I like to keep all my hardware up to date with the newest drivers, flash's & stuff. So all the media I mentioned worked flawlessly before the flash & right now I am using Prodisc's with no problems. I have only burned a couple CD's on my 3500 (just to try it out) and it burned them perfectly fine the brand of CD's I used was Imitation & some cheap Radio shack brand both burned at x48 perfect. To be perfectly honest I don't do much CD burning, but if I do I use the 2500 just to save the wear and tear on my 3500. I have burned over 500 DVD's though 90% of them on the 2500A without a problem, well maybe 2 or 3 coasters. It was usually my fault with the coasters. What can I say I'm not perfect :). I probably should also add that I burned the first 100 DVD's using a Pioneer DVR-105 with no problems either, but I fell in love with the nec when I bought it so I will just keep sticking with that brand for now. The main difference I can tell is the nec seems to rip the DVD a bit faster! I like speed LOL :) Also I never burn my movies over x4 well I shouldnt say never I have burned a few @ x8 (for some buddies) :) they had no problems with them I just like to play it safe and have the best picture quality possible. Let me leave you with a link to my web sight this will help you out I think? Good luck!
    http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/