1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji 8x +R Discs

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by kenkell, Feb 27, 2005.

1. kenkell

kenkell Member

Anyone got any experiences with the Fuji 8x +R discs? I need to buy some in a pinch to burn some movies! Best Buy's got 100 for $40 this week. Any feedback? Are they reliable? Thanks in advance!

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Those should code out as yuden000-T02 if the wrapper says made in japan. If the wrapper says made in taiwan,then they will code as ricohjpn-02.I have heard a lot of good things about their 8x media.

I just wish I had a best buy close to me.

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I bought the Fuji 8x last time Best Buy had them on sale and the work fine in both my Lite-on and Nec burners and quality is good have not had any coasters

4. kenkell

kenkell Member

Thanks! I'll be heading to Best Buy soon! Staples has got the the Sony 50 pack dvd+r for $20 this week. If they are made in Japan like the made in Japan Fuji's, which do you think would be better or it doesn't matter?

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I'd go with japan definetely. That same yuden000-T02 code is on the sony +1x-8x at staples.Sony also makes +1x-8x discs in taiwan,they code as sony-d11. They have them on sale again this week so I will check out which ones they got this time around.50 pack spindle for a tad under $20.The last time they had them all mixed together and i had to sift out the japanese ones.

Hopefully best buy has the fuji ty's in stock for you.
    Those ricohjpn-02's should be pretty good. I haven't tried that code,but the 01's are pretty good.

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I bought Sony last time CompUSA had them on sale, and did not like the way they burned, I have even had problems with Sony CD-R I like the Fuji much better

7. kenkell

kenkell Member

Oops! I think Best Buy has the Fuji -R, not the +R 100 pack for $40. I can't play the -R on one of my dvd players! I guess I'll go with the +R Sony's as long as they are made in Japan!

8. kenkell

kenkell Member

Oops again! My bad! Best Buy DOES have the Fuji DVD+R 100 pack for $40! Thanks alot Saugmon for the info! I've been consistantly using 8X TDK +R and burned over 500 so far! Very few problems when burned at 4x! Pixelation problems and skipping when burned at 8x on occasion, so i generally burn at 4x because of it! I'm very happy with TDK +R but they haven't been on sale at Best Buy for weeks now! Need to change this week and want reliable media! Thanks for letting me know about the Japanese made! I'll search for it!

9. kenkell

kenkell Member

Just bought the 100 pack Fugi DVD+R for $40 from Best Buy. Made in Japan!

10. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

kenkell:
    Those TDK's are in sunday Circuit City newspaper ad booklet for #25 spindal for $7.95! Works out to 32 cents each. Cheapest quality disks I have seen anywhere. No need for any mail in rebate or other hassel. I agree with you that these TDK DVD-R disks have burned flawlessly. I have not had a coaster with either the 4X or the 8X.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  11. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Fuji 8x are great they're 1 of 2 brands I will only use .Fuji & Memorex are the best for your money.

12. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Stick with the fuji's,memorex are usually,CMC MAG=crapola!!

13. kenkell

kenkell Member

stanh1000:
    I just went to circuit city last night and bought 6, 25 pack spindles for $7.94 each like you said. Thanks for the info! I got plenty now between the Fuji's and the TDK's. :)

14. movies27

movies27 Regular member

I've backed up over 100 movies with Memorex they're good.I'm currently using some Sony discs.

15. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

movies27 I sure hope they play for you in a year.

16. movies27

movies27 Regular member

i hope they do too..lol i have some music cd's that i've made from Memorex & they still play so i imagine the movies will work too.

17. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

cdr's, and dvdr's, are both completely different animals.
    If those memorex dvds have the media code CMC MAG,I have serious doubts they will last.

18. kenkell

kenkell Member

Jim, why don't you think they will last? Do you have info to support your opinion?

19. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I dont have written info. I just have my own personal experience.I have movies I burned on memorex(before i knew better) that are only a year old.Some dont play at all, and some have pixelation.Ive been hearing that some memorex media I.D as ritek go4,and if thats what you have then thank your lucky stars.
    Memorex outsources there work to whoever will do the job at the time, so its a crap shoot on if youll get the good stuff or not,and CMC MAG aint it.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  20. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Ok,I found a link CMC MAG is at the bottom of the list:http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
    4th class media.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005