1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujifilm CD-R, Memorex CD-RW

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by muhaha88, Jan 20, 2003.

1. muhaha88

muhaha88 Member

I was unable to use the CD ident tool that was recommended, due to an oudated ASPI layer, and the update links didn't work. Nero CD Speed gave me this, however:

Manufacturer : Taiyo Yuden
    Code : 97m24s01f
    Disc Type : CD-R
    Usage : General
    Recording Layer : Dye Type 1: Long Strategy (Cyanine, AZO)
    Recording Speed : n/a
    Capacity : 79:59.72
    703 MB
    Additional Capacity : n/a
    Overburn Capacity : not tested

I got these from Best Buy for $5 after all the rebates; two 50 packs. I've used about 60 so far, and have had only 1 coaster attributed to disc failure. (it just suddenly stopped burning for no reason; nothing processor intensive was running) I would highly recommend these. Overburn test resulted in maximum of 82:56.65
    Now, on the Memorex CD-RW: Everyone up here seems to think they royally suck. I myself and quite pleased with them. I haven't had one error yet, and I've had them for a few months now. Nero CD Speed is below:

Manufacturer : Infodisc
    Code : 97m25s30f
    Disc Type : CD-RW
    Usage : General
    Recording Layer : Phase Change
    Recording Speed : 1 X - 4 X
    Capacity : 79:59.74
    703 MB
    Additional Capacity : n/a
    Overburn Capacity : not tested

Overburn on this was 83:22.18.

(-:Stephonovich:)

2. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

I've also read that some people have problems with the 80min Memorex CDRW on various burners, so it may lead to a strong inference that they are less than top notch quality.

I've never personally used them.

3. muhaha88

muhaha88 Member

It could be something that takes time to show itself, as my use for CD-RW's is burning things to take up to my friend who's a couple miles away. So the info is never on the disc for more than a day at most.

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

5. muhaha88

muhaha88 Member

Hi. I believe the download links I tried were on a different page, about ASPI. (CDR Ident told me my ASPI layer was outdated) It now works. Returned the same information that CD Speed gave me. I'll keep it just the same.
    So, from what I've gathered, long strategy is usually green or blue, and is of a higher quality than short strategy. Well, my Fujifilm are apparently of the highest quality then, being Taiyo Yuden. At least that's what the CDR Ident page reported.
    One more thing: what does it mean when CDR Ident says, "Disc ID not allowed"? They're some cheap-o's that were bought in huge quantities for employees at Gateway; my dad has brought some home from time to time.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2003