1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FujiFilm DVD-R compatibility?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by jhuntley, Oct 28, 2004.

1. jhuntley

jhuntley Member

Hi, i have a 3200series Averatec. the disc drive is a QSI CDRW/DVD SBW24B if that has any relevence. I am tryin to use Nero to burn the movies i have downloaded onto the FujiFilm 4.7GB/120min 4xspeed discs, but the disc drive does not recognize them. i have gone to the dvdhs.com site on the label of the DVDs, but i couldnt find out how i might be able to possibly update my drivers or something to make the discs recognizable. I have no problem with Office Depot's CD-Rs, just the FujiFilm's DVD-Rs. Any help would be appreciated.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what averatec laptop do you have. the av3250h has a dvd rom with cdr burner as combo whereas the av3250hs has the dvd burner. from what you described you have the av3250h which means you do not have a dvd burner but a dvdrom with cdr capabilities. thats why you can't burn dvds

3. jhuntley

jhuntley Member

Is there anything i can download to make my CD-R drive able to burn DVDs then? thanks, im jst trying to put these videos on a Disc so i can free up my drive.

4. ddp

your dvd/cdr combo is not designed & built to run as dvd burner. you have 2 choices if you want a dvd burner, take laptop back to be upgraded to dvd burner or buy external dvd burner with either usb or firewire(if you have firewire in laptop). your choice

5. jhuntley

jhuntley Member

okay i went to the Sam's Club website to see what i bought because i couldnt find the information anywhere wlse. Even at the Avertec site. I belive i bought the 3250hs because thats the only one of the 3200 series that Sam's Club sells. Is there any information i can give that might help with this problem. Anyway i can look on my comp for sure and see that it is a 3250hs. everything i see says 3200 series. Sam's Club site is the only verification i could find.

6. ddp

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  7. jamski

jamski Member

I just got a 3250HS from Sam's. The DVD burner in mine is the QSI DVDRW SDW-042.

I tried to use Nero, but it appears that the version I had didn't recognize that burner. I just now use the burner software that came with the laptop, which is very similar to Nero.

CopyToDVD also works, too.