1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujifilm DVD-R (good or bad)

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by interprak, Dec 26, 2004.

1. interprak

interprak Member

There is a good deal at Bestbuy for Fujifilm dvd-r blank media (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1061127216278&skuId=5961916&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01163&cmp=++). Just wondering how good or bad or compatible is this media with 16X External Maddog DVD±R/±RW burner or with any burners.

2. JAYRA

JAYRA Member

NOPE, It's all Taiwan crap stay away from fuji. just buy some Yudens

3. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i have never had any problems using fujifilm dvd+r's . its all in what you prefer . some will say they suck and others like myself have not had a single problem with them .

4. teoleo

teoleo Member

5. interprak

interprak Member

Check this page out (http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm), it says that Fuji are pretty good, 2nd class media which gives about 80-95% success rate. I guess in my opinion its pretty good.

6. TurboB18C

TurboB18C Member

I use tons of FujiFilms that ID as TY's and have not had a single failure. I would recommend the Fuji's that say "made in Japan" on the box.

7. seanjohn1

seanjohn1 Guest

the only problem that ive had with fujifilm media is that the dvds say that they are up to 8x , but they only burn at 2x speed.My burner is a 4x so it should atleast burn at that speed right? i tried checking to see if there is any way to change the speed , but havent had any luck .The only good thing about this is that ive used atleast like 200 of them and havent had one single coaster, but i would like to burn at 4x ,
    does any one know what im doing wrong ?

8. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

I havent had a problem with fuji dvd-r's at all. And they always burn at the speed they are rated for.

9. jay33

jay33 Regular member

seanjohn, I hav eth esame thing happening with some fuji dvd-r I bought at Best Buy. One spindle of 25 I bought a while back have burned at 4x. I bought another spindle a few weeks backand they all have been burning at 2x, despite the fact that they are rated up to 8x and I am setting them to burn at 4x. Very odd. I'm just glad these Prodiscs are working well...the +r fuji I am using are giving me lots of problems and they are TY's.

10. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

My Fuji DVD-R #25 from best buy ID'd as FUJIFILM03, which got a decent rating from nomorecoasters.com.
    They work good for me, burning at rated speed with no coasters to date.

11. Oopsla

Oopsla Guest

1 works, next doesn't. Didn't ever have this problem with any other media used. I would say NO to Fuji.