1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full backup (incl menus) of Lord of the Rings extended edition onto dual layer???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by demonjj, Oct 10, 2004.

1. demonjj

demonjj Member

I'm trying to backup the two movie discs of Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of The Ring extended edition onto one dual layer disc and cannot find out how this may be done. I can do the just the movie easily enough with DVD Shrink but trying to do the whole thing with menus is proving to be a nightmare. My only attempt that seemed to even be close was using recode 2 but the result was a mess with menus and chapters all wrong.

I've tried following some of the advice from these forums (such as the "pandora" link) but I failed to get that to work as I don't really understand what I'm doing (nor do I know if what I'm doing is possible with that guide). Ideally I'd like to be able to link the menus (somehow) from both original discs to create what would effectively be a perfect one film disc with one menu and one film title.

Is anyone able to help me do this backup/suggest how to do it/do a walkthrough?

Thanks for any help.

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

as long as it fits (istnt a full dvd 9, because DL dont hold quite as much), use dvd decrypter iso read iso write mode

3. demonjj

demonjj Member

Sorry, I don't think I got my question across very well!

I want to copy the movie and menus that are split over [bold]TWO dual layer (DVD9) discs[/bold] onto one dual layer dvd+r so that I effectively have the whole film and one joined menu compressed onto one disc rather than have to change the discs half way through the film - I'm NOT looking to just copy each DVD9 disc onto separate dual layer discs.

4. simster01

simster01 Member

you could use clonedvd2 to copy each disk compressed with menus onto the hdd but i dont know how to get both dvd files from hdd onto one dvd9 though.

5. demonjj

demonjj Member

I've thought about trying that somehow - maybe use Nero to burn but I'm worried that the disc wouldn't work properly as it would have two root menus

6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member