1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

full bricked psp pppllleeeaaassseee help me

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by crazydogy, Nov 28, 2007.

1. crazydogy

crazydogy Member

i deleted the module folder from the flash0 and now my psp wont turn on. i tried using a pandora and it didnt work, i cant enter the recovery menu. i'm on 3.72 m33-2. what should i do.

2. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Well sorry there bud, but if Pandora doesn't work you're screwed.

3. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

man you are screwed.why'd u delete the module folder anyway??it contains lots of impotant prx's there u know...

4. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

I'm not sure here, but I think the IPL is on there. Without any IPL, it's a permanent brick, because the first thing the PSP does on every firmware is check for an authorized alternate IPL off the memory stick (which we have exploited to Pandora's battery). Without even the alternate memory stick IPL check, your in a ditch in mid-winter.

5. Ganon007

Ganon007 Regular member

Bricking it to the point that Pandora dosen't work...man that sux. Why don't you try the Pandora again? Maybe you messed up somewhere...

6. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

It's your only hope.

7. wichozzz

wichozzz Regular member

try to use pandora's again to downgrade 1.50 (if u got a phat PSP)

8. crazydogy

crazydogy Member

i did use a pandora like 10 times and it doesnt work. i earased it because i was trying to install applecor. but when i did it, it got messed up so i tried reseting it. so do u think if i got the module folder from some where else and put it in using a memory stick usb how would i put it in the flash0 folder

9. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

you cant enter recovery,u your psp didnt boot, so there is no way u can enter flash0..sory lol.

10. drakex

drakex Regular member

There is a way to fix this... HARD MOD... open up your PSP and make a short cut with the battery of the PSp and the battery of the memory, this will cause a RESET to 0 included flash0 I had the same problem where flash0 was damaged and had to flash it, not even pandora worked... try it and let me know, otherwise if you cant do it, throw it to me and I will gladly take it for modding myself :)

11. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

u can do it??cool lol....

12. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Source? I never heard that before..

13. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

You'd probably say no, but have you dumped your nand into your Magic MS?

14. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Well, that won't really help him in any case, since Pandora isn't working. I say try making it again (pandora, that is)

15. drakex

drakex Regular member

The source, basic HW troubleshooting, I have a coworker that both of us have had HW training on PCs, the main concept is the same for a PSP, if you remove the battery, it will reset to 0, but becuase the battery of the PSP is smoldered, you CANT remove it, so you need to make a short cut of both batteries, believe me, I know its not safe, but IT fixed a damaged Flash0 PSP, unfortunatly we did not get pictures of this, and I dont think we can do it again ith another PSP unless we have one, I will ask him to help me out with a friends PSP and see if we can do that and PICTURE it on a guide, hope this helps you, but I tell you, it was a PAIN to take the MOBO out.

16. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

Ohh... I thought he meant that the Pandora Recovery Menu will come up but it won't overwrite the firmware or w.e... Sorry =/

17. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

No, its removeable, very easily...
    And, only flash1 gets reset if you take the battery out for a long time.

18. drakex

drakex Regular member

Not true, as I told you I had a Damaged PSP and the Flash0 was damage, I used pandora 3 times on this PSP, it got stuck at formatting FLASH0 and it will turn off, so Flash0 was damage, at first we did what you say, we only got FLASH 1 reset, but then we did the shortcut between battery and memory of the MOBO and puff, the Pandora worked. I am a HW tech, I have build my own computer, so believe me I tell you what we did fixed the PSP... believe it or not!

19. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Well, you must have done more than you are telling, because Pandora is the only known way to restore flash0 to a working firmware. If yours got stuck, you must have tried again, and it worked this time.

And, the only way to get a flash1 reset is to reset the settings or use a flash1 formatter, and the only way to restor elost settings is to make a flash1 backup or a NAND dump of the settings. So, unless you have developed a mythological way of pulling flash0 and flash1 memory out of connecting some contacts, you are lying about this.

20. drakex

drakex Regular member

Look I do not care what you think of me, I am not a liar, whatever we did fixed the problem, its true we DID NOT turn on the PSP and magically worked, as I said, we did the shortcut and then passed pandora once more, after that, it worked. So whatever you think of me or my method, keep it for yourself, at least I am trying to help, instead of arguing on something that might or not might work. I have tested it... I have the PSP to prove it, so if you have no good ideas to provide, please stop saying idiotic things.

And just like the CFW warning, it MIGHT brick your PSP, the same is here, but this MIGHT damage the MOBO, so... zippit!