1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Disc problem for Rocky Balboa and other Sony discs Solved

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by taylor30, Mar 24, 2007.

1. taylor30

taylor30 Regular member

Just got this form the the Slysoft forum:

For those of you who want the ENTIRE disc content (no chopping things out) and have been unable to create a playable disc for Saw 3, Rocky Balboa, and Zoom, here is the solution:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread....01#post1736101

Webslinger's edit . . .
    This is what your attached file states:

"To make a playable DVD from those movies listed, which all have the latest Sony Sector protection, you must use DVDFab Platinum's "Write Data" feature.

This uses the VSO burning engine, and circumvents a problem with the new copy protections - they leave more than 231 files in the directory, and violate the UDF DVD format. This violation causes Nero and Roxio to fail.

If you do not use Write Data of DVD Fab Platinum to solve your problem, you can get over this shortcoming by shrinking your movie in DVD Shrink to ISO format, then use Nero to burn that file. It's your choice - one step or two.

If AnyDVD and DVDFab Platinum discover how to reduce the final files to less than 231, nobody will have any problems.

PS - the same problem will exist with the powerful RipIt4Me program - movies like Saw 3, Zoom, and Rocky Balboa all leave more than 231 files even after they are cleaned, causing most burn engines to fail and still requiring a burn of ISO files, or use of DVD Platinum's VSO Burn Engine.

For those of you who have successfully burned these movies with Nero and Roxio, without using the ISO format, you most likely cut material out of the disc, thereby reducing your total files below 231, allowing for all burn programs to create a working disc with a UDF/ISO structure."

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

taylor30,
    I hate to bust your bubble but you post is wrong. You do not have to use DVDFAB as Ripit4Me will do the movies also as will AnyDVD along w/ CloneDVD. Since you posted the addy to CDFreaks I clicked on it and guess what " WebPage not found".

I really would have thought that a person that has more than 50 posts would know that the info posted was somewhat incorrect. Webslinger is a decent person and the info is below w/ his answer

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2989

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

another thing taylor30 nero and roxio don't play good togeather, most people know that, i made backups of the movies you are talking about with dvd shrink and dvd region + css free, but i do movie only. also vso burning engine will have nothing to do with circumventing the copy protection.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

rdmercer1
    I'm one of the lucky ones, I have no problems between Roxio and Nero. Most of the trouble is with the batch writing software, InCD and Drag to Disc (at least my old Roxio version). I don't install InCD and Drag to Disc needs to be turned off when recording video. I hear others aren't so lucky.

taylor30
    As for the new protection with the huge number of bogus files, that started about Saw 3. I did that one with RipIt4Me and most of the difficult releases since. As Car.Mike stated, there's different software variations that work. If you want to look over the Saw 3 thread stickied you'll be able to see software used and updated for the new protection. It's old news and posted all over the place. bbmayo even has a guide with the software that is a solution to the problem.
    bbmayo's RI4M guide:
    http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/TheGuides/pacman777guide.pdf

5. glade73

glade73 Member

I just did Rocky Balboa and I had no problems with it.I used Dvdfab then ran it through Fixvts then into shrink and it worked great.Sounds like you all have it down but maybe this will help someone along the line.Ps.Thanks to all the long time members I have learned alot from you and I would like to think I helped others also along the way!

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If people have their software up to date and use it properly, there shouldn't be any problems along those lines. I'm not aware of any major added protections since Saw 3, Region 1. The major players all appear to be staying up to date and they've been tweaking their offerings with a few minor updates recently. There's been lots of posts on which software combinations work. I guess the biggest loss is AnyDVD not working with Shrink with the new copy protections. The Shrinksters can go to the good freeware being offered or buy CloneDVD 2.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007