1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Guide to Gamecube Backup/Booting

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Icemonkey, Dec 12, 2003.

1. IreallyDK

IreallyDK Guest

Tried it...

sites plz not search engins i've been lookin all day.

It took me 3 days to find Zelda ROMs for N64 though i guess T.T

Any other ideas¿¿¿???

2. IreallyDK

IreallyDK Guest

Any1 no where i can find Zelda the Wind Waker?

Will any1 SAY something?

Is any1 HERE?

(\_(\
    (T.T)
    (")(")

3. Solecist

Solecist Guest

Have U READ WHAT I ROte ??? USE EMULE OR AZUREUS !!! :S do u know whats that ?

4. IreallyDK

IreallyDK Guest

yes I did

and did u look at my name? no, I don't.

could u tell me?

plz

(\_(\
    (^.^)
    (")(")

5. Solecist

Solecist Guest

Well, no offense but u must be really a -newbie..
    just write www.google.com in ur internet explorer and then write "Emule" in "find" section...certainly u will find sites where u can download THAT program: EMULE . Then after install it, just run it and in the "Search" section of that program write Zelda - Wind Waker. AFTER IT, u will see more than one file...just pick up the file that have more sources. Et Voilá...just need to wait for the download..

6. IreallyDK

IreallyDK Guest

Notice how it says so under my name...

oh wait urs has it too.

maybe u didn't notice then... LOL

7. ps2rocks

ps2rocks Member

just go to google and type in the name of the game you want and then type like torrent at the end of it or something. You'll find a site

8. IreallyDK

IreallyDK Guest

torrent???

u did catch the last thing i typed right?

i'll try, not sure what torrent is but i'll try it.

9. IreallyDK

IreallyDK Guest

U Mean BitTorrent?

I'm dling it now unless u read this tommarow.

I'm also trying limewire... is there anywhere i can get pro for free?

So i should be able to find a Wind-Waker ROM there... ?

I hate dial-up.

10. IreallyDK

IreallyDK Guest

(sarcasm) Don't every1 start talkin at the same time.

(\_(\
    (o_O)
    (")oo(")

11. adfrog10

adfrog10 Guest

where can i get the ripping tools i need.

12. Solecist

Solecist Guest

Hi...i have a Qoob Pro chip instaled in my GCN...but i have a friend that asked me of he can play backup isos with an Freeloader v1.06B ? Can he ? (With the Freeloader v1.06B that i downloaded from emule? 446Kb +/- ?)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2006
  13. talion78

talion78 Member

Ok.......I've read through a lot of the posts, but got confused cause they go back a fair way.

So I'll just ask the question, and you guys can flame me if you like.

1. Got a Gamecube
    2. Got a Gamecube backup file (Soul Calibur 2)
    3. Got miniDVD-R's

question:

If i burn this onto a miniDVD-R will it run on my gamecube?

If not is there a boot-disk that will allow them to run?

I have no intention of taking my Gamecube apart so unless there is an easy method of playing them I won't bother wasting my time.

Cheers for any help

14. Solecist

Solecist Guest

Well, u just need to use Nero and burn Soul Calibur.iso to a mini dvd. BUT it only runs in Gamecube if u have chip...like i have...for example, Qoob Pro, Qoob SX, Viper...and so on.. all other methods "they" talk about like boot disk...i dont believe and sincerely, even if u can run a backup using a a boot disk, its very fuking boring use it with lots of games..lol.
    That boot discs are for load NTSC games or pal games...they dont read BACKUP games..
    Regards

15. TheOni

TheOni Member

Okay, you have to forgive me for being a little lazy... I have looked through a few pages, but knowing my luck I've missed the one I need... :p

I was wondering if, using the PSO exploit, it was possible to play import games? For example play NTSC games on my PAL 'cube? I have a Freeloader, but that won't help. My only idea was ripping the Freeloader, and then streaming that from the PC, and then streaming the game I want... But writing it down now I see the flaw... :-( Are there any convertion patches availible, or tools to help?

Thanks!

16. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

Yea, there's a homebrew programs called GCOS, Ninjabios and efal. they allow that. but u need to burn games. not stream.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  17. TheOni

TheOni Member

Shame I can't stream, but thanks for your help! I really appreciate it :) I'm sure I can take the time to have a go at burning.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  18. treehugga

treehugga Member

Hey this is my first post WOOT lol um im wonderingif the new pso 3, that one with the cards? can i do a backup with that version, or do i have to have epesode 1 or 2 or whatever? any help appreciated =]

19. TheOni

TheOni Member

I have a feeling that you need Eps. 1 & 2. Mind you, it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong... :p

20. georaldc

georaldc Member

I bought the game RE 4 here (yes, they sell pirated games here in the philippines, which is both cool and sad) and there's one problem I have with it concerning the 1st disc. No matter what I do when I first boot up my gamecube with it, the game would either not load, or the GC would have a hard time reading the disc. It would only work properly if I used the gamecube with another game for a couple of minutes beforehand (I gotta warm it up first). Is this a problem with the disc because all my other games/backups work fine? I also find it amazing how pretty much all the games I bought work on my 2nd hand GC though they were only burned on generic media. I've burned a lot already on different brands, and could never get a single game to work properly, lol.