1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Guide to Gamecube Backup/Booting

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Icemonkey, Dec 12, 2003.

1. cubico

cubico Member

Whoops, Just Read The Rules ddp.
    I Was Just Advancing The Wii Functionality, Considering The Wii Will Be Supposedly Backwards Compatible To Play All Previous Nintendo Games.
    And By The Way, All That Backwards Compatability Will Be Done Via Software (Emulation), NOT Onboard Hardware As Such.
    All The Hard Work That Coders Have Done Working On Emulators In ThePast Will Be Used (Stolen) By Nintendo For Use In The Wii.
    So Who Is The Real Pirate?

Regardless, If Anyone Needs Any Extra Info Regarding Their Gamecube Feel Free To Email Me:

i'manidiotagain.com edited by ddp

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

cubico, what did i say about email posting? you just got a 2 day ban for that!

3. madcow016

madcow016 Member

ok ladies and gents, i have everything i need but i'm a little confused as to my first move. the reason i ask is b/c i chose to go the soft mod route and bought the max drive pro. currently, i have downloaded a few .iso's for game cube games. what all do i have to do once i burn the iso on a mini DVD, i got the ritek ones b/c they are the best. can i run the game from the gc, or does all this have to be streamed from my pc thru the max drive pro with a boot disc in the gc? i am confused about how the soft mod works and i don't have much to go by b/c all the chip mods have the details from others but there's not much for us soft mod guys. i appreciate any kind words of wisdom sent towards this young naive little nOOb.
    Thanks,
    Alan

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  4. cubico

cubico Member

ddp, I'm Amazed That You've Slammed My Post Because I've Included My E-Mail Address. The Topics I Usually Discuss Are NON-Piracy Related, The Main Reason Being, I Am Affiliated With Nintendo Australia (Stud RD). On On One Hand You Guys Are Trying To Defame Anti-Piracy Policies In Particular The RIAA :
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/7184.cfm And On The Other It's As If We Are Living In Nazi Germany, And Yes, Big Brother Is Watching. I Dont Spend My Time Writing Up Tutorials On Threads Like These For No Reason, I Actually Enjoy Helping People Out, Which I Thought Was The Whole Idea Of These Threads. And By The Way, My Email Address Is My Label Or Signature To The Content I Create, So You Yourself My Friend Are Indeed A Thread Pirate, Breaking Your Initial Forum Rules.
    i'manidiotforhelpingothers.com

5. ddp

if you hadn't added your email address again i would probably not have gave you a temp ban. talk to site admin if you don't lik emy ruling as they are the only ones i have to answer to, not you or anybody else!

6. Thebib62

Thebib62 Member

IF anyone can help me it would be very much appreciated.

First, i got the MAX DRIVE PRO hack to work correctly.

I ordered the BroadBand Adapter for the gamecube, and was wondering if i needed to have Phantsy Star online to backup my game cube games.

7. Rubin

Rubin Member

Buy the Viper GC Extreme chip so u can play backups and then switch the case of the GC so u can use full-sized DVDs.

8. XSF04

XSF04 Member

Ammmmm

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  9. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

cubico
    And you are tryig to inflate your balls/rep...if you want to sharepersonal info and date or whatever do it thru PMs >>
    ------------

Anyway do the CUBE chips still burn out mobos?
    how bad are the solder points on the cube? the PS2 is a wee bit small for my likeings been putting it off and putting it off ><
    I dont think the cube is worth chiping and all becuse it bearly has 100 worth of games to get 0_o and the few that are great are worth spending 10 or 20 on *L*

10. cubico

cubico Member

ZIppyDSM, ok then.
    sorry edited by ddp, i might do that in future.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  11. ddp

cubico, i'm not that "h" person but you got a 2 day ban for that.

12. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Dpd
    Yo boss man :3

Sorry if my comment was out of line 0-o should I try and hold back more? *L*

I think I need to work on my sig some 2 its 2 or 3 lines above what the new sig rules are I think...mmmm need to edit that pic Ireland gave me maybe stick some of the text lines in it t the side only one nut liveing squreal is needed anyway :3

13. ddp

your comment was not out of line as i would have told you. might be good idea with text on side. both squirrels are alright

14. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

ddp
    Unless I can animate it I want to put most or all of my text sig in the pic,the text will replace 1 squirrel,2 aren't needed that badly ^^

15. ddp

put the text on right hand side in place of squirrel

16. boki2002

boki2002 Guest

what is going on in this thread!! i dont get how your meant to find anything there but its coool people!!!

17. boki2002

boki2002 Guest

1000th Post!!

18. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

ddp
    Getting around to that,finaly found where I hid animation shop ><

19. ddp

no problem.

20. dlowings

dlowings Member

Hate to sound like a noob, but I did at one time have this all set up like two years ago. I kinda lost interest and left the poject untouched for a long time and lost all my tools I downloaded. The problem now is Im searching for all the tools to just make a backup of the games I own and have yet to find a download site for the tool. I keep seeing "Gamecube ISO Ripping Server 1.0.0.29" is this current ? I have the PSO disk so thats not a issue, and all the network junk still. Just looking for the basic stuff. I dont need to stream games or anything like that, just want to make the ISO from my collection.