1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full HD TV for gaming & viewing

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kyo28, Jun 29, 2007.

1. kyo28

kyo28 Member

I'm looking into buying a HD TV, mostly for gaming (with my future PS3) but also later on for viewing HD broadcasts as well as Bluray/HDDVD. But the main focus will be gaming with the PS3. I also have a Wii so the TV should be able to perform well in SD.

Things I'm looking for:
    - Full HD (1080p)
    - HDMI connectivity
    - size: 37"-40" should be enough
    - price: preferably under $2,000

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. cashman91

cashman91 Regular member

look at samsung new LCDs you might be able to get the 46" version for less then 2k

3. sjh24

sjh24 Member

This is one of the best looking TV's I've seen Samsung LN-T4066F. You should be able to get it for around $2000.

4. sdoull

sdoull Member

I have also be looking into buying a similar tv for similar usage and have a few questions:

- Apparently FULL HD LCDs perform poorly when viewing non-HD sources such as regular cable tv, would a plasma display lower quality signals better? ( I dont want to shell out lots of money and have crappy picture when watchin regular tv)

- Is the only drawback of using a plasma with a ps3 the risk of still images burnin-in, as I have read that this is not the case in more modern plasmas