1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fullscreen problem with SVCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Spike_k, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Spike_k

Spike_k Member

Hi, i'm trying to make a SVCD from an .AVI file using Tmpeg but the vidio i get in the end is not fullscreen it has these 2 black stripes in each side kinda like in 16:9 widescreen but vertical !! how can i make them disapear and make it full screen or 16:9 widescreen?

2. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

What aspect ratio is the source file? 4:3 or 16:9 Here is a copy and paste from an Afterdawn.com guide telling you how to set the output aspect ratio correctly in TMPGEnc:

--------Copy and Paste starts here---------

From Video arrange method select Full screen (keep aspect ratio) if you want to watch the movie with old-fashioned 4:3 TV, but select Center (keep aspect ratio) if you have 16:9 widescreen TV AND your movie source aspect ratio was 16:9. In case you have 16:9 widescreen TV, but the source aspect ratio was 4:3, select Full screen (keep aspect ratio) (confusing?-).

-------Copy and Paste ends here----------

Hope this helps you.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2003
  3. Spike_k

Spike_k Member

hey thanks but i don't know what's wrong cause if i put these settings when i make a VCD everything works perfectley but in SVCD these settings give me those 2 black stripes in each end, and this is with every movie but the movie i am trying now is 16:9. please help !!