1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Futurama 3.1 is unburnable!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Dolfan13, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Dolfan13

Dolfan13 Member

Here's the deal, I have tried 4 different copies of Futurama 3.1 and I can't get any of them to copy. I thought they were damaged but after my 3rd copy I popped it in the DVD player and it played fine. It will not play however on Powerdvd. Actually only the last two episodes won't play. They scramble and then get stuck in a loop.

When I try DVDshrink it gets about 80% through analyzing and then fails because "the sector is encrypted". I tried DVD X copy Platinum and got the same problem. Failed to read from D:. I even tryed dvd recovery and it couldn't do it because it was encrypted.

Any suggestions or ideas will be helpful. Plus if anyone has had experience with this dreaded disc let me know. Thanks guys.

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Try ripping it with dvd decryptor (free) or anydvd (21 day fully functional trial period then $39, well worth it).

3. Dolfan13

Dolfan13 Member

I am trying it with DVD deycryptor right now. What would cause this to happen. I could see if the dvd was scratched or something but it isn't anything like that, it's the same problem with all four dvd's I tried. Very strange.

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

It is probably copyright protected.

5. Dolfan13

Dolfan13 Member

Thanks man. Still don't get it, I copied every other disc in the four seasons without a problem plus countless others.

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Dvd shrink can break most css encryptions on older dvd's but it has quit being updated so You need a powerful ripper on the newer stuf.

I highly recommend anydvd. It is updated on a regular basis for registered owners and runs entirely in the background enabling shrink and other ripper/encoders to do their job as if there wasn't any copyright protection.

I am not familiar with what you are trying to backup. Is it a rescent release?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  7. Dolfan13

Dolfan13 Member

No it's probably a year old or so. I can't even play it on power dvd so I guess it's over encrypted. Anyway I'll check out anydvd. Thanks again.