1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FW 2.00

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Jlhfit, May 13, 2007.

1. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Check this.... I say screw the Iso Loader,I rather update... just being able to use the XMB during game play is badazz...Sony is getting smarter...They are making more and more feature,pull'n us in to update...If they will add format playback for divx and mpeg, that would be nice.....

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  2. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Yep just saw this at ps3news, and I would have to agree XMB during gaming alone is worth updating. As soon as its out I'm getting it (providing it actually does all that), screw the firmware bypass, screw the ISO loader I can wait. Setting a background picture is also a feature I've been waiting for since launch, not necessary but still good.

Still not sure on "- Support for PlayStation 3 format software titles has been expanded." do you think that might be a typo?

3. CoastLife

CoastLife Regular member

Yeah this new update looks great... I gave up on the ISO Loader the other day when i rented spiderman and it said i had to upgrade to 1.54 or i could'nt play the game so i just updated to 1.70.

4. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Nahh.its not a typo... Sony is trying to get slick... I havent ran across this, but someone in another forum said they couldnt even load a paticular game without updating..the first thing it said was the ps3 needed an update...So I guess future games will have to have updates in order to play...
    Yeah looks like they are thowing some pretty descent updates in on the next one...

5. rj21

rj21 Regular member

so we can access the XMB while playin games but can we play music in the background of the games now then? if i will update

6. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

I believe you can.. From what I read that was one of the reasons for that paticular update.. I guess when its released we'll see....Hell Il be a test dummy... Im tired of waiting for a loaders...

7. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

A feature that i want that was overlooked was a way to stream video's and music seamlessly in the xmb, like with apple tv or the 360. When they do that i'll really be impressed.However, this is still a solid update which I am looking forward to

And another thing I wanted was the ability to create folders in the xmb so i can organize all my files in a better way, so i hope that that's included in a future update.

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  8. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Yes A way to create folders under each XMB cat. would be nice, i put about 400 songs on my internal HDD, then decided to use my External hdd for media, so i had to individually delete every freakn song

9. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

i really hope they allow you to play your own music during gameplay, I've always envied 360 players for that...but thats about the only reason, i might add.

10. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

All you need to do is put the files your copying over in their own folder eg I had my music stored in folder ARTIST<--ALBUM(S) then all you do is copy (press triangle) the whole folder from wherever and it will keep that layout. Not sure about actually ripping songs from CD's though.
    As for ingame music if it is added in this update then it will only be in the background of the games, it wont be like Xbox's playlist during gameplay because that would probably have to be coded into the actual game. So unless the release it as part of the next Motorstorm update, Motorstorm wont have major background music functions. Other older games would also need an update.

11. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

^^^maybe thats what "Support for PlayStation 3 format software titles has been expanded.' has to do with....who knows...lol

12. rj21

rj21 Regular member

i think they should add a download speed monitor to the download manager aswell, like to know how fast im downloading.

13. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

I agree with rj21 a download speed indicator would be really nice! The PS3 updates are a good way to keep people from moding or playing backups, look at windows XP there is a new update like every month same thing with vista, soon you will only be able to update on the PS3 console through the online network and they will have to authenticate your machine ID, and then you will have to use the camera to take your photo and blue tooth headset to authenticate your voice, and then you will have to buy a thumb scanner to prove its your thumb! Then finally you will have to buy a diabetes tester to take a DNA sample from your blood to prove its really you. Then you can get the update that will disable all hacks and enable another screen saver LOL!

14. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

hmmmm maybe another type of DNA sample for fertilazation of future Sony customers.......

15. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

16. CoastLife

CoastLife Regular member

Just found this and this sucks if it's true!

FW 2.0 release notes fake? Sony denies FW update for PS3?..

Source:
    http://ps3.qj.net/FW-2-0-release-notes-fake-Sony-denies-FW-update-for-PS3-/pg/49/aid/92442

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  17. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

well of coarse the update is real, but when they release it is the question.

18. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Well the original post was off of a sony press release site... Then after the "leak" the site was taken down.... I believe its real, but like Edgewise said its a matter of when.... Of course Sony is not going to admit to "rumors"..They obviously wasnt ready to release the news, but it got out.... Oh well who knows, we'll see...The person that got the original news, also released news of 1.70 b4 it came out...???

19. streetz08

streetz08 Regular member

^ Yea most likely