1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FW 2.71SE-B to 3.40OE-A errors

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by crabby85, Jun 24, 2007.

1. crabby85

crabby85 Member

(I did search first but to no avail)

I am running 2.71SE-B Firmware and decided to upgrade to 3.40OE-A.

My PSP was 100% charged and the memory stick i am using is an official Sony Pro Duo 2GB.

Did all the usual business to get to the point of upgrade, ran update from GAME menu on PSP. PSP reset itself as normal, black screen, activity on Mem Slot and then....nothing. PSP didnt reboot but switched itself off.

Left for 5 minutes, switched on and checked system info. Still on 2.71SE-B. I decided to run the update again however, when i tried to access the mem-stick via the GAME menu, it crashes my PSP and it switches off.

Switched PSP back on, everything looks fine and dandy, still 2.71SE-B. So i decided to try another memory card which is blank and was the one you get with any new PSP (32mb sony). Even a blank card and attempting to read it via the GAME menu causes the psp to crash.

Put photos, videos and music on a stick and them menus can see and load the data but as soon as you try GAME again, it crashes.

Please tell me theres a solution?

2. crabby85

crabby85 Member

actually nevermind...using recovery, dongraded to fw2.0 then to fw1.5!!

3. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

u only needed to put the update in the GAME150 folder, not game...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2007