1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FW 3.4 OE-A freezes at configuration on recovery, cant play iso HELP!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by rruler, Aug 19, 2007.

1. rruler

rruler Member

HELP! i cant play games! it gives me an error, when i go to recovery mode and configuration it goes blank,freezes,and shuts down. WTF! can anyone help?

2. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

This is what happens when the M5 numbers don't match during the check step. What you need to do is downgrade to 1.50. Use the 1.50 Recovery Winstaller to install, then recover. Then you need to connect the PSP to your computer in the XMB in 1.50 Firmware. Deep format the memory stick (uncheck the quick format). Depending on the size, it could take a while. My 4GB takes about 1-2 minutes to deep format. Then go into the XMB, Settings, Format Memory Stick. Now install 3.40OE-A. Watch the entire process, even if it takes a while. At the end, it does a check to ensure the DATA.PSAR file is correct. If it is, it will say in green letters ... is correct value. If the check says it's not correct, you have a bad memory stick. When you update from 1.50 to 3.40OE-A, if that DATA.PSAR you created gets corrupted or missing critical segments of code, this is what happens. After you install 3.40OE-A, don't forget to deep format in the computer and then Format Memory Stick in the PSP.

3. jctech6

jctech6 Guest

actually an easier way that worked for me is using a flash1 formatter. It'll reset your settings but will fix the problem.

4. rruler

rruler Member

im sorry but where do i get the winstal thing to downgrade and im kinda lost heh...is there a guide i can follow?

5. rruler

rruler Member

is the flash1 formatter something i have to download or is it already in the psp?

6. jctech6

jctech6 Guest

you have to download it. Check dl.qj.net i think. Or you can do it manually if you know how to access flash1 but thats if you know what youre doing.