1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G drive partition,

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by 98sohc, Jan 24, 2007.

1. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

hi all, i am just having some problems getting my G drive to give me all my space. i have tried formatting through flash fxp and it says it formatted but i can't access, i tried using unleash x and the drive doesn't even show up, i have enabled it unleash and evox, i also tried formatting through XBMC but it does not give me the option but it is visible in XBMC, any suggestions?? thanks

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

bump, i also should have mentioned this is a softmod

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  3. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

if you have unleash x just find the format menu. the pass word will be "Xbox" with Cap X. then u just format ur drive

4. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

where would i find the format menu?? i have looked, and also i don't know why, but in unleash x, my g drive partition won't even show, i have it enabled in unleash and in evox, it also shows up in XBMC. i have been searching and searching, and i have come to find out that i think i have to update my original ms dash, to the 5960 or someshit, i have a 1.0 xbox that has never been updated before, and then i am hearing about restoring back to original with the new bigger hdd, and then i am going to have to re softmod it again, i am getting very stressed out, i tried updating the bios to evox m8 but it always freezes in the erasing process, can someone please help me find the light?? i am running out of ideas!!!

5. IV2113IV

IV2113IV Member

i had the same problem when i installed a 320 GB drive in my softmodded xbox. i used AID 3.0 to install some apps and stuff and there was an option on that to format the G drive and after i did that i was able to access it and all of my space was there. hope this helps.

6. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i figured it out, i was able to download aid 3.0, but after i had aid going, i tried formatting the g drive, but still nothing. i then i had to format the entire hard drive, install the ms 5960 dash, re-softmod it with sid 3.1 nkpatcher, with dual boot, after that install the patch for ms 5960 dash, install a hack dashboard loader, then reinstall dashboard to e drive, because of the dual boot, when i was done all that i then formatted the g drive and it finally gave me the rest of my space. but then i used xbpartitioner to combine the f and g drive for a total of 242GB on drive F and then 4.7 on E drive and a little on C, everything worked out, i now know how to put a larger than 137GB hdd on softmod so if anyone needs help, i am here because i have to admit it was a bitch to get going, but now that i know, it is actually pretty easy.