1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G03's or G04's?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by XrichardX, Aug 14, 2003.

1. XrichardX

XrichardX Member

I am not sure which media to buy. Also, when I do choose one, what kind should I get, or does it even matter? I see that there are silver/purple discs, high quality silver/purple discs, and white discs. They all cost around the same, but what's the difference? I have asked this question before, but none of the sites I go to say "compatible with Pioneer 106..." they all stop at the 105. I just want to make sure they'll work. Thanks!

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Just not updated. G03's are 2x speed and G04's are 4x speed. Go for the faster one.

3. jonnydoe.

jonnydoe. Member

Got my traxdata G03's from blankdiscshop.co.uk yesterday who assured me that they would burn at x2 speed on pioneer 105 with latest firmware (which i updated using oriphus link - Cheers Chris), however guess what? They burn at x1 speed still. Anyone have similar problems? How can I check what firmware revision it is? (cant be arsed to look for it lol). Thanx for ya help

Steve

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member