1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G04 whitetop aren't recognized properly in A05?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Zerxez, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Zerxez

Zerxez Member

I am burning several brands of DVD in my A05 Pioneer burner. The problem is that the G04 disks only burn part of the time. I am burning in Nero latest versions of both 5 and 6. The G04 disks are seen by the drive everything is normal but when I burn the Nero cache fills, but only 1/3 of the time does the drive actually burn the disk. The rest of the time the DRIVE cache never starts and in order to regain control fo the drive I have to end the Nero Application in the task manager and completely turn off the computer. A restart doesn't do it. Then after starting back up, I can try to burn again, it sometimes takes two or three reboots before the disk will burn. When it fails the disk is never touched so I am not suffering coasters, but it sucks to restart two to three times before getting a successful burn. Any Ideas? Please? Oh, I am running an AMD XP 3200+, A7N8X Mobo, 1gig DDR400. I'm no noob, so get complicated if you feel the urge.

2. Carus

Carus Member

Hi!
    Helped a friend get started with a A-05 a while ago and he has probably burned about 200 of Ritek datawrite whitetops ( G-04) without any problems. Tried any other software like Stomp record now max? Did you install aspi drivers?
    If all that covered maybe try the burner in a friends computer?
    /Carus

3. Zerxez

Zerxez Member

Done all that, appreciate the input. The only thing I can think at this point is the firmware crack that let me burn 1x DVD's at 2x may be causing problems with the Ritek G04's. This seems strange, because Nero can see the disks as 4X and the three other brands of disks that I use all work perfectly at 4X. Any other ideas?

4. Carus

Carus Member

Hi!
    Don´t know that much about how much they change in the cracked FW compared to the original one. My impression was that they only changed what doesn´t work and not the write strategy for already working media ( G-04 among them)try this forum for more info about possible firmware issues: http://forum.firmware-flash.com/portal.php
    Don´t know if this is far fetched but can it be a bad batch of media you got? Maybe could be worth it to flash with an old original FW and see if any difference?
    /Carus

5. venprods

venprods Member

Your system hang for some reasons. Best bet is re-install the software again. It's something to do with your computer, not the burner or media ...

6. Zerxez

Zerxez Member

Venprods,
    I don't thinks so I just did a clean installation of Windows, and by extention Nero. Princo, Optodisk, Verbatim, and Taiyo Yuden (all 4x) don't have the problem. At this point I'm thinking it might just be a bad batch of disks, because sometimes I will go through 2-3 disks before I have to restart 1-2 times and it burns fine. Also the problem locks up the burner. I have to cut power to the burner in order to regain control of it. I am ordering another 100 pack of Ritek 4x disks next week. They will not be white topped and they will be from another vendor. I will report back with what happens. I hope it was just a problematic batch. I can't really say a bad batch since I have had a 100% burn success with them. They just require me to reboot periodically that is annoying, but not expensive.