1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GAAA, Help.... PAL PS2 Games on NTSC TV question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by NubHotAsh, Jan 29, 2008.

1. NubHotAsh

NubHotAsh Member

Hi, i have a couple of PAL ps2 games i want to play. I want to know if my NTSC Television is capable of displaying PAL video games before i go and buy MagicKeys and SwapMagic. My tv can play PAL dvd's but i dont know if that is the same thing or not, is it? Anyway, this is my tv also (which has a completely useless manual, no help what so ever thanks samsung) ....

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...ns&subtype=slimfithdtv&model_cd=TXT2793HX/XAA

basically i wanna know if i can play PAL games just by using SwapMagic, and would i need a PAL to NTSC convertor or not? As im not interested in converting the format and burning the game again.

Hoping for a quick reply, thanks all :)

2. NubHotAsh

NubHotAsh Member

ok, so i just went into my dvd player options and set the format to pal. and my tv went black then said format not supported. so i now know it cannot do pal. yet now im even more confused, how the heck is it playing pal dvds in full color perfectly if its not supported. does that mean i can successfully run pal games on my tv with swap magic?