1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game backup freezing at a certain inevidable point

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Jon_20_29, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Jon_20_29

Jon_20_29 Member

On my backup, I get to a certain point in a boss fight where he supposidly does a move, but before the animation or anything starts, the game always freezes. How should I fix this.

2. lastrada

lastrada Guest

what type of media are you using, it might be the fact that you have a cheap media. the best to use is ritek dvd-r 4x

3. Jon_20_29

Jon_20_29 Member

would bad media also effect the audio? sometimes during gameplay, the audio will totally go away until another audio track loads

4. lastrada

lastrada Guest

yea because the ps2 cant read the disc, try using ritek dvd-r

5. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Hi all,

I'm having the same problem with my backups, but i don't know why it is or how to fix.

With my games the 'Audio' stops completly in certain spots, and the game takes ages to load!, and well the game just doesn't play like it should.

And my Ps2's laser goes whizzin all about - bludy hell!, it's really pissing me off!!. I wana know is that bad for it?.

Media: using TDK DVD+R's 4.7GB, burn at 2.4x.
    DVD-Decrypter: isoread image to HDD > isowrite.
    Burner: Lite-on DVD+RW
    PS2: v10 silver satin.

So does anyone know why my backups are acting like that?. What about DVD-minus R's would that help?.
    I whats happenin the PS2 is having trouble reading the disc but why.

Plz Help!!. Any help is appreciated!.

6. Jon_20_29

Jon_20_29 Member

I have been experimenting with the laser recently, and there seems to be different settings for the white gear that help or hinder loading times extremely... I am also going to try adjusting the power outage for the laser to see if I can get it working better