1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

game backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by parman, Apr 15, 2005.

1. parman

parman Member

ok guys, through all your discussions i have found the best way to successfully back up your games is with dvd decrypter, and have done this with many of my games, however, i have ripped a disc to my hard drive and have been trying unsuccessfully to burn these files to disc. Is there a way for me to get these files onto disc so that they actually play on my ps2. If it helps in any way the game is MGS3. Would appreciate any help on this matter.

thanx

2. Oakley28

Oakley28 Regular member

Is the game an image of your original or have you downloaded it?
    If you have made an image of the original disc using DVD Decrpyter, then you should be able to simply burn the image, if however you have downloaded the image i find that the game never burn to disc!

3. parman

parman Member

this is a downloaded game, but not as an image, it is all the files that u would get on the disc, I know how to burn the image but is there a way to get all the files into disc image file so i can successfully burn it. I have downloaded an image file before and was successful in burning it. and i may also add that if i download it is only to sample the game as i always go uot and buy the original if i like it,

thanx

4. steimy

steimy Active member

If you have Nero you can just create a new UDF/ISO
    but you need to know what order the files would be in on the original to do that.

If you drop and drag the files from your folder into Nero in the correct order and burn it will work.

5. parman

parman Member

thanx for the post m8, yes i have nero, can anyone tell me what the correct order for the files are

6. steimy

steimy Active member

No, i do not have that game or i would pop it in ISO Buster and let you know, but someone here must have it and i hope can tell you. Once you get the order of the files do the following.

Step 1.
    Decrypt the ps2 game to your hard drive using dvd decryptor.

Step 2.
    Open up Isobuster and load in the image file.

Step 3.
    Hold shift and highlight all the game files and put them in a folder.

Step 4.
    Open up Nero burning rom and create a new UDF/ISO dvd (It's the last one in the list). Drop all the game files into Nero in the same order as it is listed in Isobuster. Just keep Isobuster open as a reference when you do this. Nero will change the order of the files graphically, however they burn in the order that you dropped them in.

Step 5.
    Name the image and burn it at 4x.

Step 6.
    Presto, you've rebuilt and burned a PS2 game. Play it.

Note:
    Some games have dummy files in them.(ie. guilty gear, spider-man 2). They are used to beef up the size of the image and to copy-protect the game. Burning games with the dummy files left unchanged will result in a game that does not boot (using swap magic anyway). To remedy this annoyance follow these fun steps.

Step 1.
    Use Isobuster to copy the files to a folder.

Step 2.
    Create a new text file. Open it and press the space bar, then close it. This creates a byte of data in the text file.

Step 3.
    Rename the text file you made to the same name as the dummy file in your folder. You can point out a dummy file if its called DUMMY.DAT, DUMMY.000, DUMMY.001 etc., GARBAGE.DAT. These files will always be in the main folder of the iso.

Step 4.
    Overwrite all those dummy files with the blank ones you've created. (games generally only have 1 dummy file, but some have multiple dummy files)

Step 5.
    Patch complete! Burn it.