1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game company being suid for deaths

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Fsu47, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Fsu47

Fsu47 Guest

i dont think it is logical at all that kids can kill people and blame it on games its completly ludacris. there are ratings on the games and warnings.so i think the game companys have done there part its the parents that should be blamed not the companys or stores for there products

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Sued is spelt as i wrote it ;-)

3. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

I think you're right. People continue talking about video games and violence and they forget other things like movies, where violence is actual and not virtual like video games. A family that sues a company if their child has done something bad just want to throw the responsibility somewhere else and not at them, which is the right think.

For the kids taking guns to the school and killing their friends, we should blame society and family environment, not video games.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Gee, I've been playing Postal 2 quite a bit lately and haven't gone on a shooting rampage (although I have plenty of hardware). I guess it has something to do with having good parents that cared enough to teach me little things like reality and right/wrong. Oh well.

If these idiot parents actually win, they will be getting rewarded for their crappy parenting._X_X_X_X_X_[small]I don't see the glass as half empty or half full. I just want to know if anyone spit in it.[/small]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2003
  5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Bingo!

6. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Anyone who plays a videogame, and then goes out and buys a gun and kills someone should be locked up in an asylum until he plays KnightRider....

Wait, wouldn't he be angry again because of the crapness of the game???

7. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

No get him to play ET for Atari. Has any one ever been able to get out of the pit or figure out what you are supose to do?

8. mgb0101

mgb0101 Member

hahaha. my thoughts exactly.