1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Cover Lables?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by _D3DAiM_, Feb 7, 2004.

1. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

Is there any site out there that has various PS2 game cover lables? Not covers for the cd box, but covers that go directly onto the game itself. I'd like to pretty up my backups a little more.

2. jose3526

jose3526 Member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2004
  3. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

Thanks a ton, one more question, what program did u use to get these labels on your cds. And how did you get it on it, did you just glue it or something?

4. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

The labels are self-adhesive, mate. Just print, peel & stick. Would advise against labels on dvd's, though. They can seriously screw your discs up.

Dene

5. _D3DAiM_

_D3DAiM_ Regular member

Has anyone been able to play a dvd backup with a label on it?

6. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

Yup I have had no problems whatsoever with labels, i used to use the clear seethrough labels and had no problems, even on dvds but now i use a cd printer to print directly on to the disc much better

7. dEsIbOi

dEsIbOi Member

well i have backed up dvd games with labels
    and my games have been freezing.
    the ones i got are NFL street, zone of the enders 2 and jak 2
    anyone else have this problem?

8. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Had to remove loads of labels from dvdr, mainly movies, problems don't occur immediately, but later on. My advice- buy a Sharpie indelible marker pen !

Dene

9. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

there's a huge thread called "why are labels bad" i believe its in the dvdr media forums. and alot of people, including me have had problems with applying labels to their dvd movies or dvd games. ive had backed up fifa 2004 and applied a label to it, it freezed, took forever to load, and when it finally load, the music skipped, it was a mess .. same thing with the dvd movie labels too.. after a while the dvd player gets a little warm and im thinking with the label on top of the media is what causes playback problems.. i was putting labels on everything i burned, and just last month problems started to occur due to labels.. peeled all of them off. ive had lended a friend a back up of a dvd movie with a label in it, and his dvd player couldnt even pick it up... he came back to return it, told me the problem, we peel the label off.. and boom the thing worked!!! so becarefull with labels, sure its nice and pretty.. but sooner or later your going to end up taking them off.. and remember dvd media is expected to last 100 years.. but not the labels..

10. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

I use sticky Brother p*touch labels to label all my backups. My mom works for the company so I got the little machine for free. It makes the disc look pretty professional. Here's a model but mine looks very different then this one.
    [​IMG]

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2 v7
    Magic 3.1
    Lite-On LDW-411S
    [image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pdcf1af85a098fca4a73d409f0af06f48/f9dbc324.jpg.thumb.jpg[/image][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2004
  11. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i think the labels should be like banned... if they make so much problems... printing on the dvd or cd is better... atleast you dont stick anything to it...

12. dEsIbOi

dEsIbOi Member

ok so labels are bad for dvd games and movies
    im trying to get my labels off!!! So damn hard, i tried taking them off using my finger, really hard. And i don't want to use a pencil or knife for the job for the obvious reason lol
    when u guys say u took off your labels you made it sound easy.
    lol
    l8ez

13. WEStar

WEStar Active member

try using a hair drier... heat up the label a little and try peeling it off... Don't heat it up too much seeing how a lot of heat isn't too good for the discs.

14. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Or soak them in lukewarm water with a little washing up liquid mixed in, they come off quite easily.

Dene

15. dEsIbOi

dEsIbOi Member

i c, well i'll try them both hoping that i wont burn my disc or totally soak it
    lol
    i'll just soak the side with the label on it
    thnx for sujestions.

16. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Yeah, lay it label-side down in a shallow saucer. Water won't hurt it, not as much as a sticky friggin' label will, anyway.

Dene

17. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i use neto2 labels and they came with a cd to design covers and an aplicater that puts them on perfectly center so they dont cause the disc to spin oddly and skip- i have about 40 ps2 backups and at least 200 dvdr movies- all labled and they work fine every time i play em- the problem is you need to have the lable perfectly center- or the disc spins oddly- with the aplicator you just put the label sticky side up and take the dvd data side up and put it on the aplicator- than punch down- whalah- perfessional looking label perfectly center.

18. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Yeah, i used applicator, too. I've heard also it's down to the thickness of the paper across the entire surface of the disc, if it's slightly out, the disc will spin out of whack. Also heard they kill the reflectivity of the disc. All i know is, after removing about 10 lables, those that didn't work, now do.

Dene

19. dEsIbOi

dEsIbOi Member

well i did the soaking thing safc_66
    i got the label off my NFL Street backup
    and it still has a sticky residue layer and my game still freezes so i think its got something to do with my sticky layer. Any ideas on how to get the sticky layer off?

20. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i hate removing labels, you might as well just reburn it cause i know for a fact that never comes off unless you scrape it with your fingernails (and in this case it will most likely scratch the disc.