1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GAME CUBE GAME BACK-UPS HELP

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by xboxlife, Mar 27, 2005.

1. xboxlife

xboxlife Guest

ive done the ps2 and xbox modz and no want to try the cube i have found somewhere that sells the blank gamecube dvd-rs but is this all i need to download and burn the games ? will they play?

2. STKD

STKD Member

By downloading you'd better mean backing up your original disc of course...

3. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

dvd-r's for gamecube??? you must mean normal mini dvd's, or you have got somewhere blank DVD's that have already gamecube barcode:D

But you need mod chip to play backupped games, unless you really have gamecube DVD's:D

And is it too hard to browse forums and find answers by yourself.

this is this, evasion of law...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  4. Ize

Ize Regular member

You do not neet a modchip to play backups.

5. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

Yea, but seems that xboxlife has no bba etc. beacuse he's new at gc scene. So modchip would be cheapest.

But anyway, alternate way to play backups is to get Phantasy Star Online game, broadband adapter for GC, network card for PC and crossover cable between them, and small program called GCOS.

6. xboxlife

xboxlife Guest

IM not a he im a she lol and i was wondering do you know if free loader will play back-ups? i might consider a chip but is the fitting hard?

7. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

You cant play backups with Freeloader. but with Action Replay and memory card, you can play backups.

And installing mod-chip is'nt hard if you can solder. you need only solder few wires.

Sorry, i dont know a common word in english for gender=)

8. JCarson

JCarson Member

If you use the Action replay & SD card adapter method then you can hold off chipping your GC until a better chip comes out. Then if you want to it should be easy enough to sell the AR & SD adapter on. Or you could just hang onto them as they'll probably be quite handy. That's what I'm doing.