1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game firmware bypass method.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by sniper78, May 16, 2007.

1. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

Ok I have seen this new method where it lets you by pass higher firmware required games.

Boot rfom and go into a game. Pause and eject rfom and put in any other ps3 that has a higher firmware requirement than the one your on. Wait 5-10 seconds. Then hit save and quit and it should boot.

2. dpickett

dpickett Guest

Awesome, what games have you tried this with?

3. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

Well I just got NBA Street homecourt running on a 1.32 and it requires 1.5 to play. I just had to delete the huge resistance fall of man file which contains an online update which messes it somehow if you don't delete it. I'm going to rent some other games tonight. I guess a lot are confirmed working.

4. nodroG479

nodroG479 Member

could this somehow work with demos you've downloaded?

5. dpickett

dpickett Guest

Thats really awesome Sniper. Thats for the great tip!

6. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

Yea u guys have like firmware 1.5 and either have rfom or full auto 2 you can boot like higher firmware games like oblivion, and other games without updating. I have a feeling this is going to open a big exploit.

7. CoastLife

CoastLife Regular member

wow... i wish i knew about this the other day when i updated so i could play spider-man... it's alright though im glad i updated because i was tired of waiting for that so called "ISO Loader" anyway... plus if that 2.00 update is real then i'll be even happier.

8. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

I will prolly eventually update because when ps3 gets going it will be spectacular and I really want to play the sick games that are coming. online and off

9. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

I wonder if one day we will look back and remember when we dreaded the updates due to word that an ISO loader would not work if you updated. I am not sure if I will ever mod my PS3. I can get the games cheap off of e-bay and I know they will work when they are OEM discs. When I was younger and Broke fi Broke (we aint got it lol) I hated spending money on xbox and PS2 games that sucked. Now that I am older and have a better job + e-bay, moding is starting to be less appealing. Or perhaps it’s the possibility of bricking my expensive blue ray player? Never mind, Someone SLAP ME! Where is the new MESSIAH 2 PRO for PS3 WOOT! Gimmie gimmie gimme! :p

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  10. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

ya full respect to ur opinion, but I don't like wasting money on a risk.

11. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

That's why I can afford to buy games that I will only spend 5 hours playing, I take risks, especially in the stock market ;) I bought Genji on a whim just cause it was there and I am glad I did, its one of my favorite games. Gundam was a bad decision, I played the demo (Hated it) but I bought it anyway. I still hate it! even more so, I would like to see the cut scenes though cause I love anami and mechs rule! But this game blows and I cant play it long enough to learn and get good at the controls. The PS3 really needs a keyboard and a mouse like a PC to play this game, its to hard to control the view and movement at the same time. Perhaps I am not a good enough player to be playing that game, Ill stick with the rubber duck game LOL! j/k

12. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Hay, Props to you sniper78 for the new method! Good info bro!

13. cashman91

cashman91 Regular member

i found this on ps3-hacks.com a few days ago

14. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

haha ya im not claiming it as mine. I just brought it here. In my first post it says I have seen. Well I just tested MLB the show on a 1.32 ps3 ntsc and it works perfect. I just don't know if there is controller swinging, it seems like there isn't any :(

15. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

what is rfom?
    And i recieved my uk ps3 as 1.7 is that bad?? :(

16. nodroG479

nodroG479 Member

lol. rfom = resistance: fall of man...

17. rawdog805

rawdog805 Member

How the heck do I delete the darn RFOM Update???

I tried to do this trick with MLB 07 the show, and it is not working on my 1.10 ps3... The game starts intro plays but after that it goes back to the XMB...

any help?

18. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

There should be a couple hundred mb or less file in ur saved data folder somewhere under the game part of ur ps3. It's not ur save place data which is only a couple hundred kb. Just delete the big one dont worry about the thing saying no one will be able to play the game.

19. rawdog805

rawdog805 Member

I didnt get that message... I deleted the file under Game Data Utility... But it still only loads MLB 07 up until the video intro stops and then it just goes back to the XMB...