1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Machine

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Redreaper, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Redreaper

Redreaper Member

Ok, i have a idea and i want to do it but i dont know where to start. ok, here it is. I want to make like a dedicated computer that will hook up to other computer in my house, i guess it would be like a server. I want to be able to install all of my game on it,and music. etc. and with each computer in the house be able to play them. For example, if i have Need for speed loaded on the dedicated computer(main), on all of my computers i should be able to run that game with out it being installed on the client pc's. Is there a way, and how would i get started. Im tired of installing all the games everytime i restart my computer, and i dont want to do any aio disks*thats a pain in the ass for me.* All help is greatly greatly appreatated.
    Redreaper

2. bitchplz

bitchplz Member

Well what version of Windows are you running?

Im pretty sure you cant do that, every game has to be installed seperately on each machine.

But... you can use your server for storing data, music, game files, pictures ect... and access them from each machine if you set them up on the network. You could even add game installation files onto your server and access them across the network.

3. Redreaper

Redreaper Member

xp home and xp pro, so no matter what i would still have to load each cpu, with the games. Man i hate that. If any body has some suggestions on how to get this server thing start. please let me know. I . E. whats the best products to have is there any certain product or software that i would need. stuff like that.
    Thanks.