1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

game modding

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by don010, Dec 6, 2007.

1. don010

don010 Guest

my friend once again asked a question that i could not answer so here i am

he asked since all of those dark alex and other modders came make and convert custom games why cant they make like custom game addons

that made me wonder why dont they make a game mod for killzone liberation to let people use vehicles online, and for other games

is it that it is not possible or not

2. cradledan

cradledan Member

i would imagine creating a custom addon would be time consuming to say the least, especailly when it comes to adding new features that the original games dont do. it probably not too hard to replace models, or skin things and stuff like that, but things like what you said, could be alot more difficult.

plus you gotta remember, the psp games' files are filetypes that only certain programs can open...so they would have to be able to hack into the graphic packs and codes and so on.

3. don010

don010 Guest

oh well that sucks cause killzone liberation on line would be awesome with vehicles

4. don010

don010 Guest

so does that kinda mean that it will never happen?

5. cradledan

cradledan Member

no, it just means that it most probably wont lol..
    it all depends on wether or not someone takes up the task. see, with pc games, alot of the time they allow mods (especially FPS games), but with handhelds and consoles, its not so easy due to space limitation, so the last thing they think about when programming games is any future expansions. Although...

Wipeout Pure appears to have expansions. http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/16 ... maybe it is possible???

6. don010

don010 Guest

yeah certain games were made in mind for expansion like wipe out pure as you said and killzone liberation.

as I said b4 killzone liberation would be in no dought the best psp online game next to mgs po+ if you could use vehicles like the tanke online

think about it