1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game saves??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by engvej, Apr 12, 2007.

1. engvej

engvej Member

Hi there everyone

i just bought a action replay Mas for PS2 it´s not the Evo version, i know how to update my cheats by using a UBS device, from my PC internet connection, my question is how do i make my game saves work, the way it explanes in the guide that wasincluded with the ARM, works well untill i go to my UBS device that is connected to my PS2 then it says that there is nothing on it, and i know there is something on it, cause when i take it out and put it back in my PC the files are still there. how to i make these Game saves work??

Thanks in advance

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Try formating the USB pen drive to a different format...i forget if it was FAT, FAT16, or FAT32

3. Hack_Zero

Hack_Zero Regular member

I believe it's FAT32.. may be wrong though

4. Candyman3

Candyman3 Member

Can you use a USB stick for PS2 game saves as long as the stick and saves on it are in the right format without a system hack? If not, which one do I need?

Thanks

5. engvej

engvej Member

Mine is formated in FAT,can be done in NTFS, or FAT32, i´ll try one of the other formats first......by the way thanks

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  6. engvej

engvej Member

well i tryed formating in all the different formats that i could do, but it didn´t help still shows as being empty, my USB device, when i plug into my PS2..... i forgot to add my system is PAL, and the gamesaves i´m downloading are PAL as well, can it bethat there are different PAL systems depending of what europiancounrty you come from can it be there the problem is?

7. engvej

engvej Member

do ineed some other kind of program to convert the gamesave files into another file type before they work?, i´ve read somewhere else that you need a codebreaker? and what is that???

8. engvej

engvej Member

i´m using the MaxDrive PS2 that needs the file type .max, the( Europe )version, also i´ve tryed using XportV2 ( version 1.03 ), that needs the file type xps also the ( Europe version of this type that i have to use )

9. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Candyman3
    You hafta buy the Action Replay memory stick because it comes with the disk to transfer files, or a Action Replay Max/Evo
    engvej
    Save files are suppose to be in .max format. Codebreaker is another cheat device like action replay. You can get .max files for ps2 here,but u have to unzip the files first.
    http://homed.inet.tele.dk/gokssite/ActionReplay/index.html
    Im not sure about the different region type saves will work or not.

10. engvej

engvej Member

engvej
    Save files are suppose to be in .max format. Codebreaker is another cheat device like action replay. You can get .max files for ps2 here,but u have to unzip the files first.
    Im not sure about the different region type saves will work or not.[/quote]

i know they are surpposed to be that format, i just didn´t know that you had to unzip them first , thanks man i´ll try doing that, aha i see Codebreaker is another type of cheat device, thanks for the info, also thanks for the website link, about the region types that´s ok, i

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  11. engvej

engvej Member

vcbc, hmmm i tryed taking one of the files, from that website you gave a link to the files there are for Action Replay Max Evo, i don´t have the evo, version anyway unzipping the file made it look just like any other Max file i tryed using but they didn´t , neighter did this one.....i don´t understand what do i do wrong , do i need a Chip inserted in my PS2 to make these files work?

12. engvej

engvej Member

ok i went again to this website

and i read the following in big letters

NOTE: REMEMBER TO CRUNCH AND SAVE
    YOUR OWN FILE TO YOUR MAX DRIVE / PC FIRST.

i tryed doing that with one og my games i Crunched one tryed moving it to my USB Pen but it keeptsaying that there is not enough space that´snot true the USB Pen can contain up to 1 GB, and i formated it so nothing is on it so there is plenty of space, i don´t get it?

13. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

next time use the edit button instead of having multiple posts. Second, i think .max files are already crushed files so u might have to uncrush them for the PS2 games to recognize it. (Crushing them is just the AR way to compress PS2 saves) The big letters are just telling u to backup your original save file, so u wont loose it. And the save files should work even if u don't have the Evo edition. For your memory stick to not being able to copy to...hmmm, I'm not too sure bout that...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  14. engvej

engvej Member

yeah your right, i didn´t think of that my bad..hhhmmm ok, i see, i don´t understand why it can´t copy the game saves , you see i just called the place i bought ARM, and asked them what to do even they couldn´t give an ansawer as the USB Pen works with downloading codes, so it connect fine to the PS2, apperantly, it´s just the game saves there is the problem, so i´m a little lost when speaking about transfering Game Saves

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  15. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

double post...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  16. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Well, i remember hearing that some USB thumb drives aren't compatible with ARM/Evo, but im not sure which one so i can't really help you

17. engvej

engvej Member

hmmm ok i just really finde it strange that it works with updating your codelist, but not with game saves, do you know if that memory stick that comes with the Evo version of ARM can be bought seperately?, if so maybe i have to buy one of these

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  18. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

They can be sold sepertely...i have saw them in stores and online stores like mod-chip.com had them not sure if they have them any more.

19. engvej

engvej Member

ok thanks , hmm i went to the site it dosin´t look like they have them seperately anymore

20. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

EDIT: I just remember u need the PC Program. Max Drive is the PC program for AR Max and the save file thing... not sure how to use it though. Also i donno if AR MAx have the program, but there is also a program for memory card manger for PS2 that can coipy the saves from USB to memory Stick crush data, memory stick to USB... It took me a long time to find the program on AR site, n it was along time ago, but if u cant find it i will upload it...(My DSL uploads really slow...)

Um, acually they still do have them...i could check earlier cause of some web filter on the computer i was on.
    16MB
    http://mod-chip.com/en/ps2_max_drive.php
    128MB
    http://mod-chip.com/en/ps2_max_drive_128.php
    I suggest buying from the orginal manufacture instead of mod-chip... its more reliable...well it should but i have ordered from mod-chip before and they had good service. Depending on where u live u will need to order the Pal version or NTSC version cause it comes with a disk.
    code junkies-USA(NTSC)
    http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/prod...r=0&c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&catID=0&AZ=&LPg=3&Page=2
    code junkies-UK(PAL)
    http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/prod...1&c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=%A3&catID=0&AZ=&LPg=3&Page=2

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007