1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

game saves

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tuxedodan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. tuxedodan

tuxedodan Member

Hello

I just have some questions to ask and they might be repeated.

My old xbox was banned in nov 2009.

After that, I have played some games on the banned xbox.

After a while, I brought a xbox slim because I wanted to go on live. I have been uploading games to the cloud, which is soo helpful.

However, I want to copy over the game saves from my old xbox games to the new xbox.

Will this ban my new xbox?

How can I do this?

I was thinking of deleting the games saves from the old xbox after it was banned and putting it on a usb stick (is that possible?) and putting it on the new xbox.

Is this plan workable?

Will the game saves data be corrupted and will it be playable on the new xbox?

please respond

thanks!
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Eisherz

Eisherz Regular member

It isn't possible, because you already have an account on your new box. Gamesaves are account-specific. Also using your old harddive on your new console to transfer your old account would a) lead to losing all the newer gamesaves you stored in the cloud and b) show the old harddive as corrupted. You'd need to uncorrupt them, which requires some hardware, but still would lose everything archieved with your new account.
  4. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

I have never used them but, would Modio or Horizon do the trick for him?
  5. Eisherz

Eisherz Regular member

Maybe, but he might end up having all archievements removed and with the word Cheater in his tag. He'd need to create gamesaves for all games he wants to take over on his new console on a USB stick, then put all the old ones onto a USB stick, open up both with Modio or Horizon and copy the relevant stuff from the old gamesave from the banned console to the new gamesave on the unbanned one. Another danger with this might be that he ends up banned, I don't know in how far the timestamps of the saves might get edited, so that it might look like he played games before release.
  6. tuxedodan

tuxedodan Member

i got banned because i had someone fix my red rings of death and he did something to ban me
  7. Eisherz

Eisherz Regular member

This might have been coincidence, did you play backup games?
  8. tuxedodan

tuxedodan Member