1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game starting with gameshark 2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by dapirogy, Jan 21, 2007.

1. dapirogy

dapirogy Member

I have a version 4 PS2 and it seems that the games on DVD won't load. I don't know the mod chip but you have to swap. Im currently using Gameshark 2 to load my games. Planning on a better disk but I don't know what. I do the regular process to start the game (Load gameshark, Put game in, Press start game - without codes, Press X rapidly untill loads)

But all I get when I do that is some sounds and then a sudden PLUK from my PS2. What's wrong? I even bought those games. (They are burned)

2. croy00

croy00 Member

Im not to familiar with the gameshark method but you say you have a v4 ps2. I know that the ps2 laser is very pickey and only likes high quality media. It can make a difference if your media is +r or -r check your version. What brand of disks are your backups (which you have paid for which means you got ripped and is still illegal) burned on. I just hope you didn't pay to much because I go to walmart and find all kinds of great games for under $10 bucks. I mean who can't afford $10 bucks for games. Any way search on here and you'll find lots of threads that tell you the best kind of media to use. It is hard to tell if the backups are good or not without it loading far enough to tell you though.