1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

game title loads but then?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by inraged, Dec 18, 2007.

1. inraged

inraged Member

i installed the wiikey and ran the 1.9B update. everything fine. i can get the 1.3config to start up and everything. when i load a game any of the 3 backups i have, they game screen will come up then when i click start the screen goes black and the wiimote seems to turn off then i have to unplug the system to get it to do anything. is it my burn or the chip. what is my next step.

2. rafadawn

rafadawn Regular member

Did you turn REGION OVERRIDE back on using the Config disc?

Are you using images from the same region as your Wii? (Use Wiibrickblocker to READ INFO about the image's region)

Are you using DVD-R discs? Are you burning them at 4X?

3. inraged

inraged Member

yes, yes and yes.
    should i allow the games to update my system or use the
    Wiibrickblocker to stop the updates? i just burnt one without the brickblocker and it wanted to update my system.

4. rafadawn

rafadawn Regular member

1) If your wii is up to 3.1U, go ahead and install 1.9g, it works great.

2) Check all games' region with wiibrickblocker ... I do not actually patch the games with it, I only use the READ INFO function to check the region and then use games only from my Wii's region.

3) Do not let games from other regions update your Wii

4) If you decide to run games from other region (as I did win Nigths (JAP)) then patch them with Wiibrickblocker, however if they contain an update they might not run. Also, with games form other regions that include updates, even patched with Wiibrickblocker, you WILL risk bricking you Wii

5) If you run SMG or WiiFIT your Wiikey will not work until you update to 1.9g (As I said you should update to 1.9g it works great with my Wii at 3.1U)

5. yoyo4

yoyo4 Guest

I actually installed Wii-Fit-Japanese on Wii-US with 3.0U and without 1.9g on the wiikey. It only semi-bricked my Wii. The settings menu is inaccessible and doubled news & weather channel. all other backup games still worked.

updated wiikey to 1.9g this morning without using config 1.3, and all backup games still worked, except wii is still semi-bricked.

it seems Wii-Fit-J has 3.10J firmware and SMG-US has 3.10U. It doesn't seem playing SMG-U will initiate another update from 3.1J to 3.1U to unbrick the wii... any thoughts?