1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

game wont show up on psp.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by fatleon5, Dec 2, 2007.

1. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Im trying to put yu-gi-oh gx tag force 2 on my nephews psp, but it wont show up in the game part. He has 3.71 m33-2 the same as me and the game shows up fine on my memory stick. He also has the simsons game on his memory stick and that shows up fine aswell.
    I know that his memory card is fake, it says magicgate unknown, but my memory card is also fake and it works perfectly on mine.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. bigbadp

bigbadp Member

Fake cards cause problems. U have been lucky with yours. Buy a original from a trusted site. Then u will not have any problems. For the ££££ u will save on games surely its worth the extra few ££££ buying a original card

4. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

its strange though that it lets me play the simsons on it, unless if the file is so big then it wont show up, yugioh being 1.8 or something.

Oh well, my sis will probably buy him the game anyway. I once heard that shops sell fake memory cards and dont even know that there fake, so is there a safe place to buy an original memory card. I know that nearly all the memory cards on ebay are fake but youd think that proper retail shops would have a way of knowing there fake ones. I dunno.

Thanks anyway.
  5. rakada

rakada Guest

power off then power on while holding R trigger check to see if your configs will let you run a game with the umd drive not in use if not enable m33 umd driver

removed violated forum rules
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2007
  6. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

Why don't you just like start a new thread so everyone can see it...
    :)
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  7. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

Well... If he really liked the game then why don't you just trade memsticks that would be great...
  8. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Because then I couldnt play the game either, and I know what he will do with his memory stick anyway, I bet he will have like 1 game on it and pack the rest with music. He's only 7 so he likes music from games, on his 1gb memory card he already has the FF7 OST, the chrono trigger OST and most of the devil may cry OST :D
    I suppose at 7 he should be grateful he has a modded psp because his mates havnt and im not downgrading and putting CFW on all his mates PSP's :D
    Ah well, he has the other tag force game original so he'll probably like to have the original box and everything.

Thanks anyway.

p.s- I dont know why I end every post with "thanks" :D just habit I suppose.
  9. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

The ISO he has is corrupted. Try downloading it from a another website.
  10. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

Or use a torrent..

Cause some websites with ISO's may have broken links or corrupted files..
  11. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

I was talking abiut torrents, never will I recommend PSPISO.com! Always torrents like mininova.org
  12. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

Ah, Ok...
    Sorry my bad..
  13. d_law

d_law Member

if other iso's work fine (simpsons) then its not likely to be a recovery mode setting.
    jus download another torrent and let us know it if it works.
  14. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

I think the ISO is fine, because I can play it perfectly, I even compressed it to CSO to save space and it works fine again not even little glitches or anything, its gonna be a pain if I have to download it again because its quite a big file and my internets fairly slow and I dont go on the PC everyday and also it was the only torrent with decent seeds and it only had like 5 seeds, the rest had 1 or 2, but I will download again if I have to.
  15. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

if the iso works fine in your psp then the iso is not the problem

backup what you need from your nephews memory stick ,format the memory stick and try again ,but put just the iso nothing more

you can also update to 3.71m33-3

16. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Ok ill try that, I wont see him until saturday though. I didnt even know there was a m33-3 Ill update mine aswell, whats new from m33-2 to m33-3? just compatability and stuff?
  17. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

You can now put themes in your PSP so no more chance of SEMI-BRICK..
    via PTF Files
  18. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

No, if the ISO works amd runs on your PSP but a part of it doesn't work than the ISO is corrupted. Happened to me with "The Sims 2 Castaway" when I got to create a sim, it froze and wouldn't work.

You must download the ISO from a different site.
  19. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

Or you could re transfer the files ...
    I had a problem just like yours and fixed it by retransfering the files...maybe the copying didn't finish... and I got it corrupted....

Saves hours of downloading....
    :)
  20. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

No that almost never works, best thing is to download the ISO from another website and it doesn't take hours, it just depends on the amount of MB and your internet connection. For a 500MB game, it takes me about 1 hour and thirty minutes to download. It also depends on how much Seeds the torrent has.
  21. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

this game is more than triple 500mb. I'll just redownload it some time. Right now im more focused on getting my ps3 working again (see my other thread)